Link Got Charging Order on Dodgy GE Money Loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need help urgently regarding charging order problem.

The story began a couple of years ago with a now defunct finance company who passed on our kitchen refit finance agreement to GE Money.

Right from before the work began,

I have complained about lack of clarity on some details of the agreement but which the company did not address

by failing to send someone to us and have it checked out.

A few years passed and series of charges (for late payments were) added.

The agreement were on variable but large monthly increases were noticed even though the BofA continued to fall significantly.

Eventually, GE Money sold the account to Link Financial who also demanded immediate payment.

I wrote to them on several occasions (& phone calls) to discuss the subject.

But instead they threatened to apply for a charging order which they immediately commenced against my property.

I knew nothing about charging order or its implications.

Eventually Link Financial asked me to make an offer to settle the account and

I promptly contacted my mortgage provider who naw agreed to offer me a £2000 loan in order to settle Link Financial.

I forwarded this details to them expecting that this will appease them.

Sadly I got a responce from Link Financial a day before the charging order was to be corded against our property

asking for both the £2000 upfront and agree specify a time for the £1400 balance to be paid.

They have now obtained the order and continue to hound me with letters demanding full settlement plus costs.

I respond to each of their letters by recorded delivery even though they continue to lie that I have failed to respond to their letters.

I am self employed and things are very tough which why I have informed them that I can only afford £25.00 per month.

I feel they are trying to prod me into a particular corner.

Can anyone advise me what option I have left. Desperate.

Hi Shalom

Heres some information on charging orders - the important section is How can I stop a charging order?

You can stop a charging order, so don't panic. The guys here can help you draft your defence.

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=15_charging_orders_in_the_county_court

Hi Shalom

Heres some information on charging orders - the important section is How can I stop a charging order?

You can stop a charging order, so don't panic. The guys here can help you draft your defence.

Many thanks rebel11

I am reading up on the suggested section as directed. But there seems to be no info on what to do as Link Financial had already obtained the charging order. What they seem to moving towards is enforcement as they have rejected both my initial offer of a lump sum and indeed my leftover of £25.00 after the core bills - utility, mortgage, etc - have been settled. Is there an avenue left for me to take?

Much appreciated.