style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, firstly I am new to this site, so I would like to start by saying Hello.........Helllo.

Right, my issue is with KGM motor insurance who I used via Lancaster brokers. I was with KGM for 4 years and left them at my renewal stage this year.

In April I was involved in my 1st ever accident, it was my fault but there were no damage to my car and very little to his (I freewheeled out of my drive into a parked car). We agreed that I would pay for any repair (if any cos there were nothing visible) out of my pocket and we wouldn't get the insurers involved.

He then went behind my back to his insurers, they then contacted me with an invoice to pay £350 to settle, because I was new to all this I said no and rang KGM for their expert advice, I was then told on the phone by one of their team "let us deal with it" when I said I didn't want to lose any no claims he replied "because it is such a low amount you will not lose any no claims and your premiums will go up by pence, if you do lose any it will be one year tops" This seemed better than paying the £350, so I did that, and let KGM deal with it.

THEN

When my renewal came through it had gone up by £1500!!!! When I rang to find out why they said i'd lost 3 years No Claims due to the accident !!!!

They refuse to believe I was given the above advice. I have been told by KGM that every phone call is recorded but they are refusing to trace my call.

Is there any laws around these calls ? Do they have to supply a copy to me on request ???

Many thanks in advance

Lee

Just submit a Subject access request under Data Protection for all data, including recordings of all phone calls you were involved in. Send a recorded delivery letter to KGM's 'Compliance/Data Protection Manager' making the request and enclose a cheque for £10 which is the max they can charge you.

I thought that you only lost 2 years NCD following a fault claim, however, I have seen reference to some companies deducting 3 years.

You would have been better off paying the 3rd parties claim in full if only £350 and not having a claim against the policy. Obviously the accident would be noted and a slight loading would have been applied, but not a claim affecting NCD. This will cost you a lot more than £350 in extra premiums, over the next few years.

Once you have the requested information, you could negotiate with KGM. Might they reinstate the NCD, subject to your payment of part of the 3rd parties claim settlement. It might be worth a go.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi there, I have been in contact with KGM and they are refusing to trace the call. They are saying they need the time I called, the date and who I spoke with before they will even start to trace it.They are also refusing to reinstate my NCD, as they are also saying the call never took place !!

They took 2 years for the claim and said I lose the year I made the claim in.

I only went with KGM because I was told by them that i'd lose nothing.

Make the subject access request in writing. Don't phone them about this as you would be fobbed off.

They can search for the phone call. All they need to do, is look on their system for an event log, of when your policy details were accessed and look for a phone call that occured at the same time.

Tell them in writing that if they continue to frustrate you, that you will refer this matter to the FOS and report them to the ICO.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I have emailed them asking for details of their Compliance/Data Protection Manager, so I can send them a Subject Access Request, they haven't replied yet, I will post a copy tomorrow. They have already suggested that I go above their head. I have written to Lloyds complaints dept. And already have a letter printed ready to post to send to the FOS. I am also waiting on legal advice from my solicitor too.

Cheers again for this, I was losing confidence in my battle to win back my NCB, but you are giving me hope again.

As for the call, they keep telling me without the Time and the Date they cannot do anything as they don't have the resources to search for the call.

Make the subject access request in writing. Don't phone them about this as you would be fobbed off.

They can search for the phone call. All they need to do, is look on their system for an event log, of when your policy details were accessed and look for a phone call that occured at the same time.

Tell them in writing that if they continue to frustrate you, that you will refer this matter to the FOS and report them to the ICO.

Do you have or know where I can find a SAR template to cover this ?? I have seen a few on here and they mention courts and banks etc ??? And don't really fit the bill.

Cheer again

Just keep the letter simple and to the point. Send by recorded delivery to their Head of Compliance/Data Protection manager.

Here is an example letter from the ICO. Amend to suit your requirements i.e. tell them what information you are wanting them to provide you. I would actually send them the £10 fee which is the max they will charge, as I wouldn't want them to delay matters.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/youth/template_sar_letter.doc

• Confused 1