Settlement figures

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had my first settlement figure from my insurance company. My 53 reg Citreon Picasso has been written off. It has about 90,000 on the clock, diesil 2litre desire model. They've offered me £2500 minus my £250 excess. Not a bad offer....some sell for less than that, and some sell for more. Do I turn this down in hope for more money? They said I can do, but have to send them adverts showing cars just like mine being sold for more. Is it common practice to turn the first offer down? This is my first ever insurance claim (only having to do it cos some d*ckhead stole a car then smashed into mine whilst parked up...seems massively unfair i'm having to suffer majorly!!!!).

Thanks for any help!

Just check book value e.g. glass.co.uk

You would need to provide some evidence for an increase. They might not accept and it could delay you getting the money.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Interesting article. Think I should be holding out for more. The book price on one that has 70,000 is £3,430 for a francised dealer, and £3,195 for a private dealer. Mine has an extra 20,000 on the clock but has just had a major service...new tyres, exhaust, belt etc.