No copy of MOT advice not given to me by garage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I purchased a car from an independent dealer and they MOTd it for me. It wasnt until a couple of days later that I realised that the MOT cert said it had an advisory notice issued but I was not given a copy.

I have aked for this on a number of occasions, but they seem reluctant to just say that they will simply post it to me.

What would you advise as my next step? I am assuming VOSA would be the way forward.

Thanks.

Don't forget that you can see what items were on the advisoy note online - just google mot check online - you will need the MOT pass number on the top left of the certificate to do it. Just be aware that MOT advisories are the opinion of the tester as to what items may need attention in the future - they have no legal meaning as such as one testers opinion will differ from another.

It would be worth reminding the trader that not handing over the advisory sheet is contrary to the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 - not well known yet, so the trader might appreciate the heads up :)

Edited by BrazilianCCK