Car Insurance possibly invalid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My car was parked in town over night on Friday night, and was smashed into by someone in a stolen car. They've done a runner and not been found! I put a claim in with my insurance company Zurich on Saturday morning. When going through all my details this morning I think I have made a MASSIVE error in my policy...missed 3 points. I have 6 in total but think I have only put 3 of them on my policy. This was a genuine error by me and not done to defraud the insurance company...although i'm sure that's what everyone says. Both 3 points were issued in October 2008. Now that I have a claim in, is it too late for me to ring up the insurance company and come clean? I can't just leave it cos I have to send them my driving and they are obviously on that! I can't actually find anything that says how many points I have claimed for...and it wasn't until I found my driving licence that I realised my potential error! Does anyone have any suggestions? I really am panicing as we use the car to take out daughter to school 5 miles away!!

God!!!! Really don't know what to do. I really am stressing over this. As soon as I realised I was on the phone to the insurance company straight away...but thankfully they were closed!!! Really don't know what to do!!! They think I have 3 points...my licence say I have 6...I have to send them my licence....insurance companies don't like paying out.....not good!

Just send the copy licence in as requested and say nothing about point issues. Wait for them to contact you about it and sound shocked about the details on the policy being wrong. ...... I am sure gave the details correctly, sorry if they are not on there......

They should hopefully just take it as a genuine error and charge you the relevant extra premium.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

That moves from a genuine mistake to something quite different, they probably are aware that folk might do that, so if they carry out a random check, will that put you in a better position - nope It's best to see what happens.

So blanking out the extra points on my licence when I scan it is not an option then!!!!! :wink: