Unfair charged for cancelling Blg's and contents - none competitive after changes to policy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I have recently added a few specified items to my Home Insurance. They have increased my premium by circ £80 a year for £3,000 worth of jewelery. This seemed way to exceessive !

I therefore had a ring around and got a better deal offered, £70 cheaper and better cover. The problem is that when I rang to cancel they have said I have to pay £72 in charges and fees.

Is there anything I can do?

Is there anything on the level of fees and charges for cancellation that I can use to get them to reduce this? I don't mind an admin fee, say £30, but not £70. They robbed me when they insured me and now want to rob me for going elsewhere!

Regards

Marmacc

Nothing you can do, the cancellation terms will be in the policy. Most companies make these charges.

It won't just be a cancellation fee, they will also charge what are in effect, short-term rates. It won't be purely calculated on a strict pro-rata basis.

I would have said that adding jewellery of £3k for a premium of £80, was not an excessive amount. This would have included an admin fee for making the policy change.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread