Mackenzie Hall / Welcome Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a letter off them demanding £1400+ for a alleged Welcome finance loan – I’m not saying I have never had a loan with WF (thought a few years ago I got in such a state I would have taken money off anyone…wish I knew then what I do now!)

Anyway IF I do owe WF anything I have had no correspondence off them and the Mackenzie Hall letter states that WF have made numerous attempts to collect the debt (non of which I have seen), also I have never borrowed anything in that figure…either much lower (say £500) or much higher (£3000+) so I’m guessing the figure is charges and interest etc etc.

With this in mind I have sent the CCA request + £1 on the 22nd August – the cheque was chased yesterday so just waiting to see their response!

Does anyone who has encountered Mackenzie Hall know what they are like with response times etc? - I know they have 12/30days but in my experience DCA don’t like keeping to them!

Will keep you posted.

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

It has been argued in these threads and on other forums that a CCA request should not be sent to the collector but to the company that owns the debt, in this case it would appear to be Welcome. Having said that Mackenzie Hall have cashed your cheque so they appear to be taking responsibility for this matter.

Mackenzie Hall have an aversion to responding to letters demanding information you are legally entitled to. I would set your calendar to the 12 working day rule in which time they must provide you with the CCA details you have asked for and the 30 calendar days after which they default on your request - technically committing a criminal offence but the OFT are useless and will do nothing about it.

That isn't to say that you should not report Mackenzie Hall to the OFT, your local trading standards department and the East Ayrshire trading standards about their behaviour.

It has been argued in these threads and on other forums that a CCA request should not be sent to the collector but to the company that owns the debt, in this case it would appear to be Welcome. Having said that Mackenzie Hall have cashed your cheque so they appear to be taking responsibility for this matter.

i'm going along the theory that the debt is sold then so is the responsibility - after all isnt that the point in selling it? - i dont think this is a debt to do with me tbh, however i'll wait and see what MH come back with - it maybe i have to chase Welcome afterall - will keep this post updated as and when i hear anything.

The letters normally sent by Mackenzie Hall are "on behalf of clients" and they act simply as collectors. This less than reputable company have yet to officially take over as debt buyers - they have created a company called Acquire Debt and the belief is that they make start buying debts as well as collecting them.

If you owe Welcome Finance then they are the owners of the debt and they would have the information you require. You may have to CCA them if you want to get to the bottom of this. Having said that I still believe that if Mackenzie Hall have cashed your cheque they should send you the details. If they don't, and they later say they can't, ask for your money back! Sue them in the county court for it and see where that leads!

• 3 weeks later...

Well Makenzie cashed my cheque ages ago - 12 days was up on the 3ed of Sept...rolll on the 3ed of October when i can report them - having said that there is a deafult been added to my account by a Hillesmen Securities today?

The figures are the same but i have never heard of them or had anything off them!

think i will have to write to the CRA and see who they are!

You need to find out more information about this new default. A default cannot be re-registered. It is lodged once, has a life of six years on your crf and then automatically drops off. Find out what it is and if it is related to the matter you have raised with MH get it removed. Tell them it is defamatory and you will sue for libel. This will cost money but there have been instances reported recently of banks paying out cash sums after defaults etc were wrongly registered.

I have a similar issue with Mackenzie Hall "acting" on behalf of Cabot Finance, I have hounded them by sending follow up faxes everyweek requesting the data, they have got so p'ssd off with me now, they have given the debt back to Cabot to deal with, so no more Mackenzie Hall for me.... just need to kill of Cabot now.:-x

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/25238-barclaycard-cabot-mackenzie-hall.html

Mackenzie Hall don't have a leg to stand on, don't awknowledge the debt and dont pay them a penny.....

Guest The Terminator
I have a similar issue with Mackenzie Hall "acting" on behalf of Cabot Finance, I have hounded them by sending follow up faxes everyweek requesting the data, they have got so p'ssd off with me now, they have given the debt back to Cabot to deal with, so no more Mackenzie Hall for me.... just need to kill of Cabot now.:-x

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/25238-barclaycard-cabot-mackenzie-hall.html

Mackenzie Hall don't have a leg to stand on, don't awknowledge the debt and dont pay them a penny.....

Throughly agree with you there.One question that comes to mind is that if the banks are using DCA's or selling debts for a fraction of the value then why not wipe the losses off the person's account.Am I missing the plot here or is this some tax [problem].Perhaps HMRC should start investigating the banks and DCA's.