halifax insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all could someone give me some advice on what i can do with this problem i have with halifax.

i was contacted by halifax insurance august 2009 and i was giving a quote on my home and contents the quote was a little cheaper than i was paying and i was told that if i take out the policy i would get 75% cash back after twelve months so i took them up on the offer and after twelve months i got no cash back from them. i have phoned them up and i was told that it was nothing to do with halifax that it was a company called right deal insurance.i have found the letter that right deal sent me and tried to phone them up but i was told that the number no longer exist.i have been on their web site but it has no phone number i have sent them a message with all my information but still have no reply from them.if anyone got any ideas what i can do i would be most grateful

regards

michael

Hi mick,

They say on their website that they are registered with the FSA. I would give the FSA a ring on monday or you could do an online search on the FSA site

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/home.do, and proceed from there. Don't do business, without a phone number, e-mail address, location address. Carry out loads of checks. Companies distance themselves from consumers in this way. You could contact Trading Standards via Consumer Direct.