car insurance query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have just set up car insurance for my Grandad with ECar (their quote was a mile cheaper than other companies as he is 80).

However, I seem to have keyed his dob incorrectly (I am sure I put in the correct one but cant prove it). On asking them to amend it, it is costing an extra £47.05, (the problems you get when you go to a cheap company!) anyway, they asked me to log onto the website, which I did, there is a box that asks to to confirm amendments and the make payment. At this point his DOB is still incorrect, I contacted them to check this. I was told this was correct so I make the payment. However they are confirming his DOB will not be amended until 24 September. Again I emailed them to ask why this would be especially when paying £47. Their reply was the policy is active.

Can anyone confirm if the policy will stand should an accident happen?

Many thanks

Depends on how wrong the DOB is. If Esure won't Insure someone of a similar age, then the cover will not be fully valid. They will cover the 3rd party risk, as they have to.

Suggest that email them with the correct details.

ECar Insurance have a very poor reputation. Difficult to contact and difficult if you need to claim.

I think you would have been better to have used companies such as AgeUK (age concern), Saga, RIAS.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for replying. The DOB was 20 years out (1950 instead of 1930), they do cover 80 year olds and I have had a reply to my emails daily. They are happy to change the dob with the charge, my problem is they wont change it for some reason until 24th September, the policy started on 8th September and they collected the money. Will my grandad still be covered between now and then as they say the policy is active but wont correct until 24th?

In short YES.

They have accepted the correction, but for some reason can't do this until later. They probably can't amend the policy within the 14 days cooling off period I suspect, which is strange.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread