Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Very unhappy bunny Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jul 2010

Default Advice please - NatWest PPi Claim

Hi,

I submitted a claim to Natwesticon as I believe I was missoldicon PPI on a loan I took out back in 2004. The loan is now fully repaid.

The PPI was front loaded.

I have now received their review of my concerns:-

I claimed that I was only provided with a quote for the loan with PPI attached
    I was self-employed when I took out the loan and their staff were aware of this
    I was not asked whether I had any existing insurance benefits that would cover the repayments
    The single premium policy was not explained to me

They refer to my signing the Loan Agreement Form which showed:-

The payment protection insurance premium payable
    The single payment for the insurance being added to the loan
    The level of interesticon on the loan and premium
    The months repayments including the ppi
    That the policy was optional

They also refer to the Application Form which shows:-

I signed that I was self employed and that I wished to purchase the optional Loan Protector Insurance.

In response to my concerns they say that the policy was provided on a 'non-advice' basis and that I was provided with a Certificate of Insurance containing the criteria I would need to satisfy to be eligible for cover under the policy and basically that I should have read them and cancelled it if not suitable.

My main gripe is that I wasn't offered the loan without the loan protector insurance and that had I known that "unemployment" in the case of self-employment basically means "bankrupt" I would have never taken out such a useless product.

They have sent me the Ombudsman Service leaflet.

Brief question - should I write back to them or go to the fosicon?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Very unhappy bunny

Cagger since
    Jul 2010

Default Natwest PPI - Natwest making offers

My complaint was originally turned down by Natwesticon in September 2010 and I sent it to the Financial Ombudsman and the Adjudicator upheld my claim. Natwest wouldn't accept his findings and were also awaiting the outcome of the Judicial Review.

I have chased the fosicon this week as I haven't heard anything for months and assumed it was in the queue for an Ombudsman's decision. I have received notification this week that Natwest are making an offer to settle my complaint but it could take approximately a month due to the large numbers being processed.

The insurance loan repayments were 42.30 per month for 60 months from March 2004 - February 2009. These equate to a total of 2538 over a period of five years. They show the premium loan as being 2014 plus APR 9.9%.

One question please - can I claim 8% interesticon on the 2538?

Very unhappy bunny

Site Team The Consumer Action Group ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2011
    I am in
    excellent spirits

Default Re: Advice please - NatWest PPi Claim

Hi there

What you should expect is each of the monthly PPIicon loan repayments plus 8% interesticon on each of those payments from the date they were actually paid right up to the settlement date.

I've attached a spreadsheet you can use to work out the amount you should expect.

You only need to enter list data in columns A, B and C....the rest of the calculations are done for you.

Hope this helps

Regards

ims

StatutoryInt.xls

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here
    4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here
    5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    6. Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement? Read Here

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jul 2010

Hi

Thank you for all the advice re my claim with Natwesticon. I am still awaiting a offer.

Just wondering how long they are taking generally to resolve these claims. I was told by the fosicon on 25th July that Natwest would make an offer and they would contact the Bank after 14 days if they did not hear from me on the assumption that I would accept . The FOS tell me that they wrote to them on the 18th August, 2011. Natwest say they haven't heard anything from them and that the claim was a "forced closure" by them on the 19th September 2011 and that they are currently taking approximately 28 working days to settle claims.

Just wondering what others are experiencing with Natwest.

My PPIicon payments were 42.30 per month for 60 months from March 2004 to February 2009 = 2538.00. I have calculated (tried to) and estimate that I should get in the region of approximately 3900. Does this sound about right.

Any help much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Very unhappy bunny

Site Team The Consumer Action Group ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2011
    I am in
    excellent spirits

Did you use the spreadsheet I posted above?

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here
    4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here
    5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    6. Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement? Read Here

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jul 2010

Hi

Thanks for your help

I couldn't seem to use it for some reason and did it manually!! My calculation was to the 31st August 2011. I assume I will have any two months statutory interesticon on that unless I'm being a greedy beggar!

Regards,

Very unhappy bunny

Basic Account Holder gregorious77 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2006

8% workings.xls

I work it out to be just over 3.5K
    see attached and change the dates to suit (i just put 1st of each month).

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE