Rip off car insurance quotes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter from Lloyds TSB Insurance today, telling me that it will cost me £460 if I wanted to renew my car insurance with them.

I considered this a pricey, given that:

A. I'm 35 years old.

B. I've been driving for over 12 years and have 7 years' no claims discount

C. I only have one driving conviction (3 points for speeding in 2007).

D. I drive a 1.3 litre R reg Ford Fiesta

E. I do about 2,000 miles a year

So I went on Go Compare, hoping that they might be able to make me a better offer. But the best the big moustached tenor could do was a quote for £468!

I was paying less in my twenties!

Can anyone suggest an insurer who might be able to offer a considerably better quote?

Thanks

Jeff

Most insurers have been making massive losses for the last couple of years by offering cheap prices against large claim costs. They want their money back. This is called market hardening.

It's not a rip off, we've just had it good for a long time.

Hi

I expect it is where you live. I live in a low risk area in the south west and pay less than £200 for fully comp with protected NCD. This is with Morethan, who are not the best, but they were about £50 cheaper than the next company.

You could try Tesco who are offering good rates at the moment, as their time with RBS Insurance underwriters is coming to an end. Also worth checking with Co-op as they used to always be pretty competitive.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Just out of interest, we changed the car on my wife's policy in April, only the car was differant and very similar to the last one, ok the premium is a bit higher but what annoyed me was a) hanging on to a 0845 number for 45 minutes and b) being charged £20 to change the detail. After protesting, being ignored and finally getting to the top man, a refund of the £20 and a £50 for the "inconvenience" So it sometimes pays to be a grumpy old ---------- !

Also NEVER accept your renewal quote, always shop around and when you get it cheaper elsewhere ring the original co. giving your new 'quote' and more often than not they'll match it to keep your custom

This is also useful if you would like to stay with current insurers because you are familiar with them or you know them to be very good in the event you would have to make a claim