Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder kadie71 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jul 2010

Default refund letter template needed for loan brokers!

My son recently tried to apply for an unsecured loan but ended up paying approx £60 to a loan finder company - he was completely mislead on the phone & thought he had been accepted for the loan & would get within a few days. Anyway I rang them to cancel their services (no-one had offered or been in touch with him) and was asked to put in writing the request for a refund. We did this sent it recorded etc. They have now written & asked him to sign his original agreement & return it to them. Is there a templateicon letter I can now send quoting something official? I have read somewhere that they can only actual charge £5 for their adminicon costs & the remainder must be refunded.

Basic Account Holder halster78 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Aug 2006

Default Re: refund letter template needed for loan brokers!

Hi,

Did you ever get a letter templateicon?

Regards
    Al

Basic Account Holder lord_tiger_putin Informative lord_tiger_putin Informative lord_tiger_putin Informative lord_tiger_putin's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2010
    I am in
    South of the North Pole

Quote Originally Posted by kadie71 View Post
    My son recently tried to apply for an unsecured loan but ended up paying approx £60 to a loan finder company - he was completely mislead on the phone & thought he had been accepted for the loan & would get within a few days. Anyway I rang them to cancel their services (no-one had offered or been in touch with him) and was asked to put in writing the request for a refund. We did this sent it recorded etc. They have now written & asked him to sign his original agreement & return it to them. Is there a templateicon letter I can now send quoting something official? I have read somewhere that they can only actual charge £5 for their adminicon costs & the remainder must be refunded.
    The letter before actionicon is here:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resour...-before-action

You are correct about the £5.00, actually I think it is £3.00. If you want, I can get the regualations.

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.
    -----------------
    By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC
    ------------------
    Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC
    ------------------
    Our t&c's overrides
    ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder lord_tiger_putin Informative lord_tiger_putin Informative lord_tiger_putin Informative lord_tiger_putin's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2010
    I am in
    South of the North Pole

The remainder of the letters are here:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resour...loan-companies

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.
    -----------------
    By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC
    ------------------
    Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC
    ------------------
    Our t&c's overrides
    Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

if it has been done by credit card
    try a chargeback

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    May 2010
    I am in
    South of the North Pole

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    if it has been done by credit card
    try a chargeback

dx
    Debit card as well, I have done that more than once.

-----------------
    ------------------
    ------------------
    Our t&c's overrides
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder halster78 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Aug 2006

Hi,

Thanks for the links to the templatesicon.

Just one question, I've sent the relevent letters to the loan company and OFT & TS. I put in the letter to refund within 7 days of the date on the lbaicon, but I've just found out that the letter was only delivered on 13th is this when I start the 7 days? and is it 7 working days or just 7 days?

I just want to know how long to give them before I log the claim. The date on the letter was 8th October. Delivered via RM Recorded delivery on the 13th October.

Cheers
    Al

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE