IB50 confused

Helen2264
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I can understand why you would worry smithy 1, ESA is harder to get.

It's a good question because we should be migrated from March (me included) and I'd be interested to know if they send you an ESA50 or an IB50.

Which ever one it is, we are here to help.

My guess is that they will leave you alone until they are ready to send you an ESA50.

- dj

I am confused. Why is ESA harder to get??

Surely you are either unfit for any type of work OR can work.

If the poster is genuinely ill and has no work capabilities (including putting letters in envelopes at home as a job), then he/she will pass.

For people to worry about failing ESA does make me think that they may just be pushing their luck a little and really are able to carry out some type of work activity yet choose not to.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confused. Why is ESA harder to get??

Surely you are either unfit for any type of work OR can work.

If the poster is genuinely ill and has no work capabilities (including putting letters in envelopes at home as a job), then he/she will pass.

For people to worry about failing ESA does make me think that they may just be pushing their luck a little and really are able to carry out some type of work activity yet choose not to.

That's not a very helpful attitude, satire. I can't remember if you've claimed benefit, but I have and it's not an easy place to be. Having been around the forum for over a year, I feel that the vast majority of people who come here for help are genuine.

I can't tell you the nitty gritty, but I think it's recognised that the Atos test for ESA is more stringent than the one for IB. I hope one of our experts will know more than me.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

unless your in that postion satire your comment shouldnt assume it will go ok . ive read many articles about genuinely ill people like myself and many others not passing medicals then having to go through a appeal process.

I know all about the ATOS assessments. I failed mine, not because I am not ill or disabled but because I expected them to contact my GP/consultant and didn't bother to complete the ESA50.

As soon as they saw the evidence I had at the reconsideration stage, I was put into the Support Group and am re-assessed every 3 months.

I never worried about it as my failing was down to me not the assessment. If I had done what I was told to do on the form there would have been no problems. So it was my fault entirely.

On my medical report they sent to the DWP, they stated that 'Claimant is very obnoxious, sarcastic and complained about the assessment..........he asked if I had contacted his consultants..........Claimant is very unco-operative and makes the assessment difficult. He purposely took additional medication throughout the assessment.'

Edited by satire