Can't get monthly car insurance - advice needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Tried to get cheaper insurance today as policy is soon to expire + current provider too expensive, however have found out that I have to pay the premium in full as because of my poor credit rating they will not allow me to pay monthly. I need the car for work, but cannot afford to pay approx £1200 up front.

I went onto Confused.com + received my first quote for £730 p.a, I had forgotten to add 2 non fault accidents + so did this, the premium went up by £140, which still we were happy to pay, but then we were told we couldn't pay monthly because of our credit rating. My husband asked why the premium had gone up when both accidents were settled by both 3rd party insurance companies, he was told by AXA ins. company that they were penalising us for people being on the road with no insurance, and so were trying to re-coup their losses.

Generally speaking I am very p***ed off by this whole thing, and wanted to know if anyone could advise me as to where I can get some insurance, or if there's anything I could do in this situation.:-x

Have you thought about arranging cover via a local broker. Some brokers deal with many different companies and not all do credit checks to decide whether you can pay monthly or not.

The non fault claims will still be noted as incidents which affect the premium. It is not really about recouping losses from non-Insured drivers, it more about risk assessment. Some people can just be more unlucky than others. My sister appears to be one of them, having a number of accidents within a few years, only one of them being her fault.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Cover HAS gone up across the board, and even when I've hit my maximum NCD, I'm STILL paying more than I did last year. If a firm refuses you for credit, that remains their decision. Some brokers (face to face, rather than online) will accept post-dated cheques, but limit this to 4 (monthly payments of a quarter of the total) with the total amount being paid in 4 months, this may be a useful compromise.