Mis-sold Tenant Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just had a bad experience with a Insurance Company which sold me Tenant/Business insurance for a flat I am letting out. I was told when purchasing the cover, over the 'phone, that all my white goods I had in the flat,eg. washing machine/fridge etc, would be covered if anything happened to them. I put in a claim after the tenants washing machine blew up! that was back in this June, was told I could go ahead and replace the machine in July, and now they will not payout because I dared to say, that washing machines go through a lot. They class it as wear and tear so will not be paying out. I think they are a load of crooks :-x

Has anybody else had a similiar experience?

blanche.ed welcome to The Consumer Action Group community.

You haven't received any replies to your problem yet so you might be better off posting your story again directly in the sub-forum which deals with your kind of situation. You will get lots of support there.

Also, spend some time looking round the forum. Once you understand the layout, you will be able to get best use from this Consumer Community. It is a big forumm and may take some time. But it will be worth doing.

Good luck.

• Haha 1

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Hiya and welcome to cag,

I moved this to the insurance forum for you to get more views

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Your Insurers are correct. A washing machine blowing up or failing mechanically would never be covered by the type of Insurance you took out. The Insurance would only cover storm, flood, fire, possibly accidental damage and other normal Insured perils.

If you wanted mechancial breakdown Insurance, then you should have either extended the warranty or taken up electrical appliance Insurance e.g Domestic and General.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread