More DVLA Failure to notify new keeper

fredrick52
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings all,

I too am in the proceedure of fighting a £55 fine for failiure to noitify.

I did copy snooplottys letter in an earlier thread, and adjusted to suit and sent it .....today i recieved the following:

Dear Mr XXXX

Thank you for your recent enquiry concerning the out of court settlemnt offered to you

in respect of motor vehicle registration mark XXXX XXXX for which a notification of keeper change has not been recieved.

A disposal notification for this vehicle was not recieved at DVLA and therefore the vehicle remained

registered in your name. The requirement to notify disposal of a vehicle is contained within

regulation 22-24 of the road vehicles (registration & licensing)regulations 2002.

Information on disposal of a vehicle is available on the vehicle registration certificate (VC5)

The mitigation you submitted is noted,but it does not materially alter the outcome of your case or

constitute a defence.

Consequently you are still liable for the £55 which must be recieved at this office by 06/09/10

Please pay this penalty blah..blah,blah..................

I did send my v5 off in january this year,but not by registered post

I wondered if anyone could advice me of the next step i should take,

Kind regards..Freddy

There is no requirement for registered post as the law is cleart in this respect. Once you have posted it, your legal requirment is fulfilled. If it gets lost, stolen, eaten or anything else, that is DVLA's tough doodies. Invite them to take you to court where you will file your defence because you have done all that was legally required.

No, don't invite them to take you to court. You need that like a hole in the head. You have not supplied them with 'mitigation' but information 'proving compliance' with the regulations. The Interpretations Acts also provide confirmation you have fully discharged your obligations so, with regret, do not accept the DVLAs interpretation of events.

If they want to do anything else, you've already stated your defence of their charge against you. That is up to them.