Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder fredrick52 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Aug 2010

Default More DVLA Failure to notify new keeper

Greetings all,
    I too am in the proceedure of fighting a 55 fine for failiure to noitify.

I did copy snooplottys letter in an earlier thread, and adjusted to suit and sent it .....today i recieved the following:

Dear Mr XXXX
    Thank you for your recent enquiry concerning the out of court settlemnt offered to you
    in respect of motor vehicle registration mark XXXX XXXX for which a notification of keeper change has not been recieved.

A disposal notification for this vehicle was not recieved at DVLA and therefore the vehicle remained
    registered in your name. The requirement to notify disposal of a vehicle is contained within
    regulation 22-24 of the road vehicles (registration & licensing)regulations 2002.

Information on disposal of a vehicle is available on the vehicle registration certificate (VC5)

The mitigation you submitted is noted,but it does not materially alter the outcome of your case or
    constitute a defence.
    Consequently you are still liable for the 55 which must be recieved at this office by 06/09/10

Please pay this penalty blah..blah,blah.......... ........

I did send my v5 off in january this year,but not by registered post

I wondered if anyone could advice me of the next step i should take,

Kind regards..Freddy

Basic Account Holder kwaks Novitiate

Cagger since
    Dec 2009

Default Re: More DVLA Failure to notify new keeper

Personally, if it was me I would ask them to make a court date, your defence is the Intepretations Act which you have complied with.

They have had their fingers burned a few times on this, http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewto...la+clerkenwell will give you a good defence.

Basic Account Holder wheelergeezer Informative wheelergeezer Informative

Cagger since
    Feb 2009

There is no requirement for registered post as the law is cleart in this respect. Once you have posted it, your legal requirment is fulfilled. If it gets lost, stolen, eaten or anything else, that is DVLA's tough doodies. Invite them to take you to court where you will file your defence because you have done all that was legally required.

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Scotland

No, don't invite them to take you to court. You need that like a hole in the head. You have not supplied them with 'mitigation' but information 'proving compliance' with the regulations. The Interpretations Acts also provide confirmation you have fully discharged your obligations so, with regret, do not accept the DVLAs interpretation of events.

If they want to do anything else, you've already stated your defence of their charge against you. That is up to them.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE