Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder hollysmum Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Sep 2009

Unhappy Experian - Aspire keep phoning me to arrange a loan!

Hello! I've recently obtained my credit history from Experian Credit Expert, following a loan application being unexpectedly declined (previously excellent credit record) and am now trying to resolve this. It's quite painful! Unwittingly, and just trying to find out what my options might be other than a bank loan, if my credit rating isn't resolved, I pressed the key for "further information" and explanation of the results of this little investigation. Oh, I wish I hadn't! An outfit called Aspire are now hounding me to apply for a loan with them - they are shown as being Experian's "advisers" on loans. They've phoned me five times today (at work, I put them off) but I know they'll phone me again. I don't want to apply for a loan, I thought I'd get some advice online from them. I really should have known better - they've texted me twice as well as phoning. Is this really what Experian are supposed to be doing? I have become completely disillusioned with CRAs as I've tried to resolve my credit position in the last few weeks. No one will do anything quickly, either. They seem to hold differing information about me, too, which hasn't been very helpful.

Basic Account Holder fluxsta Novitiate

Cagger since
    Oct 2010

Default Re: Experian - Aspire keep phoning me to arrange a loan!

Hi, new to this forum. Same thing here!!! Not sure how to proceed, as we do actually need a loan and aiming to get rate low as possible as own bank offering stupid APR %. Aspire seem reasonable and aimimg to hlp. I agree that Experian should NOT be doing this, as I di not ask to be directed towards that link and they then phoned. Have to wait and see if it backfires or not

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    huggys boss Highly informative huggys boss Highly informative huggys boss Highly informative huggys boss Highly informative huggys boss Highly informative huggys boss Highly informative huggys boss Highly informative huggys boss's Avatar

Cagger since
    Sep 2008
    I am in
    Morecambe
    Blog Entries

DO NOT GO WITH A LOAN COMPANY WHO CONATCT YOU!
    Don't forget the old addage, anything that seems too good to be true probably is!
    Not had dealings with them, but have you Googled them? Do they ask for an upfront fee?

Getting strange calls myself after taking Equifax on for mishandling my data (Check your table 1 searches and get back to me if any of them are from a DCAicon).

HB

Read on hear recently that CRA's are selling details, and intend to look into it further.

ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT
    WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder fluxsta Novitiate

Cagger since
    Oct 2010

Quote Originally Posted by huggys boss View Post
    DO NOT GO WITH A LOAN COMPANY WHO CONATCT YOU!
    Don't forget the old addage, anything that seems too good to be true probably is!
    Not had dealings with them, but have you Googled them? Do they ask for an upfront fee?

Getting strange calls myself after taking Equifax on for mishandling my data (Check your table 1 searches and get back to me if any of them are from a DCAicon).

HB

Read on hear recently that CRA's are selling details, and intend to look into it further.

We cannot hide from even the credit scorers eh?? They seem to look for loans based on your Experian score? i couldn't see anything underhand with how they operate, and it seems that you are under no obligation to proceed with any loan. Also, as they 'appear' to be promoted by Experian I don't believe that a credit agency with this amount of clout would risk their reputation gambling with Aspire if they used underhand tactics......i may be very wrong however! I tried to post theaspire link but apparently being new to this site I have to post a certain amount of times before it will allow me to do so

Cheers!

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

certainly dont go with them
    register yourselves with tps gentlemen.

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    huggys boss Highly informative huggys boss Highly informative huggys boss Highly informative huggys boss Highly informative huggys boss Highly informative huggys boss Highly informative huggys boss Highly informative huggys boss's Avatar

Cagger since
    Sep 2008
    I am in
    Morecambe
    Blog Entries

I must admit, Experain do seem to be the most proffesionial of the 3 CRA's, but they also appear to be passing details on to a loan company!

ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT
    WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR
    Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007

Sadly our data isn't OURS, it is a sellable commodity, and data is used for all sorts of things.

Even before you are born there is data about you, from the time your birth person (apparently a new PC name which can encompass surrogate mothers (paid and unpaid) and all other eventualities) first attends a clinic when they are expecting you - and when you are actually born not only is the data file set up you also have other records set up. It is a very easy area to get paranoid about, and a very easy area to be complacent about.

Experian are unregulated, unlicenced and uncontrolled and therefore they should NOT have such a hold on society as a whole as they do.

Rant over for today!

If any company contacts you from a contact from Experian the route to go is to complain to Trading Standards and the Information Commissioner and the Ministry of Justice, that way a file will be built up on this unregulated, unlicenced activity and if enough people complain then they will have to do something.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE