Crashed and ran away!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4985 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have 3rd party fire and theft insurance on my car only, one night one if the neighbours or their family crashed into my car and ran away ... the other neighbour who witnessed the accident gave me partial plate number. I phoned the insurance but they are refusing to pay for the damage ... I phoned the police who has taken statement from me and the witness but they cant find match the partial plate number to the described while model and colour ...

I received a letter from police saying that they have submitted a form to the insurer and they have stated that im innocent. Is it insurerers responsibility to pay and fix my car now? What should/shouldn’t i do ?

Thank you

:?

I received a letter from police saying that they have submitted a form to the insurer and they have stated that im innocent. Is it insurerers responsibility to pay and fix my car now? What should/shouldn’t i do ?

Thank you

:?

You only have TPF&T, so you cannot claim off your own policy for damage to your car relating to accident damage. You would need to claim off the 3rd party, but as they ran off and you have no evidence to pursue them, you cannot do this.

Check with the Motor Insurers Bureau to see if you can submit a claim to them.

http://www.mib.org.uk/Home/en/default.htm

If the MIB won't accept a claim, you will have to pay for the car repairs yourself.

Sorry but your Insurers are correct. You did not purchase the comprehensive cover that you would need to be able to claim for accident damage to your car in this situation.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Im going submit a claim and see, thank you! I am due to change my insurance company soon, becasue Im after fully comprehensive cover and the current insurer is not likely to be the cheapest one ... the question is what if I find the nieghbours registeration number after I move to the new insurer? will the current still be responsible for the repair ? ( please also see my other thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?273493-wrong-convection-date-extra-charge )

should i not fix the damage until couple of weeks time ?

i know one of the kids on the street who is the neighbours cousin ( cousin of the driver who damaged my car) and told the police but they didnt do much ....

The current Insurer is not responsible for the repair of your car, as you only have 'Third Party, Fire and Theft cover'.

If you manage to get hold of the third party responsible then this is for you to pursue with the third party.

At the moment, your only chance is a possible claim with the Motor Insurers Bureau.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread