Private and commercial finance wrangle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad: Hello again,

I have been involved in wrangle with private and commercial finance for the last month, regards a car i bought from them on HP two years ago. i wrote to them to terminate my agreement last month they then phoned me back to say i had lost the right to do this when they sent me a default notice beginning of the year. we have been arguing over this over the last few weeks. they phoned me two weeks ago and proposed that i pay them a reduced rate over four years, which would make the car 9 yrs old when i finished paying for it. they then sent me an agreement, and i phoned them back requesting what my rights were, under this new agreement, they said i had none and they were doing me a favour. suffice it to say that phonecall did not end well. two days later i received a letter from a debt collector saying they wanted to repossess the car, this was saturday, this morning at 0545hrs there was abailiff at my door demanding the keys to the car. he did not show me any documentation, court order or anything. he has taken the car away, what are my options, what do i do now? i wanted rid of the car, but the manner in which it has been done, leaves a very bad taste in my mouth, and they will be after me to pay the shortfall i am sure. i have trading standards visiting me today to look at the original contract.:confused:

Number one mistake was to let him have the car without documentation ie: court order,number two it is regarded as bad practice to call at that hour and is regarded as an unsociable hour they are not allowed to do this period.

You would have been fully entitled to call the police and ask for him to be removed until such time is allowed ie: 07.30am, you would have then been able to collate what was needed your records etc and been in a better state of mind.

This tactic early calls (Unsociable hours) is done so as to spring a surprise it leaves you virtually unable to defend yourself, and lets face it who can you call that time of morning?.

I had this attempted on myself one morning 05.30am, i called the police he was forcibly removed and told to call at a more sociable hour, he never did come back why simple time is money to these people!.

CaLL Me On INTeRNeT CaLLS @ "NoBBY_ONLiNE":D

NB: Any advice given ?(if any) is given freely and without constraints,it and any information is based upon personal knowledge and personal experiences and/or views it should therefore only be regarded as advice and not a statement of the law, for that you should seek professional legal advice!.