How long does it take the DWP to receive and log a GL24 ESA appeal

stalin's dead
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I submitted my ESA appeal last Friday morning at my local job centre so it went through DWP internal mail. As of this morning it still hasn't arrived or been logged which delays payment of my ESA and Housing Benefit. That is either incompetence or a deliberate attempt at delay. The JOb Centre have this morning agreed to scan over my ESA Appeal to BDC which is around 2 miles away but they can't do it at present because it takes time and they are busy even though the job centre is completely empty. I had arranged an AJAX appointment through the DWP for the scan but when i arrive they had no record of it. Useless

How long does it take to submit and get the appeal logged onto the system?

In my case it took nearly two weeks for them to say my appeal was accepted.

dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

Unfortunately it can take up to 5 working days or so for any post to reach the office that is dealing with your claim - then the gl24 would have to be verified by a DM, bearing in mind there's a hell of a lot of people appealing this can take the DM a day or even two to log it on your claim so I'm told. Then they issue a payment - assuming you get paid in an account that can take 3 working days to credit. This is of course assuming the gl24 arrives in the first place.....

was told this afternoon that they have at last rec'd and logged my ESA Appeal. I only posted it by DWP internal mail last Friday morning! Useless. Went in the job centre on Monday, Tues and Wed and it was EMPTY on all three days with employees simply stood around scratching their arses doing nothing. Why are these people being paid?

I also sent a GP supporting letter but they cant confirm if they have rec'd that or not? Why? Dont they update their systems to actually record the arrival of important documents!!!! What is going on with these people?

thanks anyway guys

Here's the best advice ever regarding your appeals etc no matter what appeal or letter you intend to send to the dwp Job centre etc make a copy of it or ask the Job centre to photocopy it for you reason being a majority of these company's have been known to lie to customers and lose paperwork and that was mentioned by it's staff to me and in my own case it's happened over 14 times yes 14 times the job centre i was told by citizens advice buro can not yes can not stop peoples benefit they are allowed to reduce it but not stop it .

make you own mind mine got stopped approx 5 times in less than one year because i send approx 10-30 letters off a week and put advert's up in local shop's to emailing and sending spec letter's .

I had a letter about my lastest appeal saying been allowed but i still intend to go even further whilst i continue for compensation and the appology i've learnt i'm owed i love writing to these people there's nothing i enjoy more an to write to them regarding other's people's situation aswel with thier consent of course .

I'm owed approx £1000.00 plus and this has a knock on effect to the housing etc how ever the housing side i got it back dated so wasnt to bad but still had to send about 8 letter's to the council till they realised was even more frustrating knowing your in the right at the same time .

the letter's is a game of letter tennis they try all kind's of legal jargonto put fear into you cheek of it aswel

knock me if you want but the truth hurt's some majority of people on benefit or none have problems in life and it is not easy and whilst many people get slated for claiming etc i'm a qualified electrician etc looking for work etc etc so you tell me where i've gone wrong the only problem i have is not only do i try my damm hardest to the best i can my landlord ****es me off after forking out for a bathroom suite for them and doing the house for them they still moan as i'm having problems regarding the claim yes it's understanable i can see what they are saying and i do feel sorry for them i have asked them to write me a letter for the rent they claim i owe aswel to show the dwp etc as i was told they can help with bills etc like that but the landlord is also not helping me or them self as they refuse to write one .

so yes i'm in a catch 22 how ever having studied many type's of law and learning right's etc i don't think they like it some how when i show them what the citizens advice tell me which i know already i always contact the cab then when the dirt hit's the pan at least i've some standing i guess that's my thinking any way .