Car Insurance Renewal problems, Broker lied to make sale

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly, apologies if this has already been covered, as i couldnt find anything to help in the search.

I have been driving for around 5 years now, the first 4 years were as a named driver on my ex partners policy. I split with him and got myself my own fully comp insurance in august last year with a broker called hyper performance, the policy was with a company called NIG. They sold me this policy on the pre tence that my driving on my partners policy would be classed as my own no claims for three years (as this was all i could prove with old documents etc).

When i went to renew this year, More Than (the company i'm using this year) have told me that i have no, no claims bonus as this is what the insurer NIg have told them. I have the letter of receipet from the broker, and it clearly states on it that 3 years no claims bonus is not protected. So i'm really stuck as i dont know where everything has went worng.

any advice would be appreciated

You could make a formal complaint to the broker in writing.

You would not have earned any no claims discount, as a named driver. But if you have had 1 years insurance in your name without a claim, you will have 1 years NCD.

If NIG were aware of the true NCD situation, then this must just be a mistake that has been made by the broker, which they have dealt with internally at the time. Now the policy is up for renewal the true situation has come to light. The broker should have come clean at the time they made the mistake last year.

Although you are entitled to make the complaint about the mess up by the broker, I suppose you have gained from a cheaper policy in the first year. The cost of the policy would have been more expensive with just an introductory discount, as opposed to the 3 years NCD you were allowed. Now you are faced with the true reality of having lesser NCD entitlement.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread