LK Bennett

skeeks
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I bought a pair of shoes from LK Bennett this time 3 years ago as part of a wedding outfit from their brand - they fell apart after just one wear and I brought them back to the shop they came from and they arranged for a new pair to be sent to me from their warehouse if I recall.

The replacement pair however weren't cut properly to the extent that when I try to walk in them they simply won't stay on!!

Needless to say I brought them straight back to the branch with which I'd been dealing explained the problem and asked for a refund - they flat out refused on the basis that they wouldn't admit they were faulty despite it being visibly obvious. This really annoyed me because the original pair where bought with a dress for a wedding I'd attended - the dress was badly cut - lining not aligned to the outer layer and I spent the entire day needing to fix myself.

They said that they only refunded on the dress 'to oblige me' despite them filling out the paperwork detailing and admitting the fault.

I was so disgusted at their shoddy customer service that I intended to write to their head office but moved house a few weeks later and completely forgot about the second pair of faulty shoes until finding them just now in a wardrobe clearout.

Do I have any recourse given that they were faulty and not fit for purpose - i.e. walking - you simply couldn't!! I've brought them to a cobbler near the store who was shocked when he saw them and gave me the exact measurements of the discrepancy between the 2 shoes.

Any advice would be much appreciated (I paid full price and their shoes ain't cheap...) :smile:

Yes you have up to six years from the date of the breach - meaning the date of the purchase of the originals.

get cracking now. Don't waste any more time.

The judge won't be impressed that you left it this long anyway but that won't affect your case.

Send a 14 day LBA outlining the position together with any copy documents and photos. Threaten to sue if they don't sort it out.

then sue.

Don't bother if you aren't going to follow it through.

You have lost a lot of credibility by leaving it so long anyway

• 4 months later...

I also tried to return 2 faulty LK Bennett items and received a run-around. I didn't have the receipt (purchased within 6 months) but for 1 item was able to show a bank statement with the payment. For the other one, I couldn't locate any proof of purchase. The sales assistant, who had been sweetness and light up until realising I was returning an item, became frankly aggressive as she gave me one story after another: company policy no returns without receipt, item not faulty, etc. Eventually they agreed to send the item to head office. Their 'fabric technician' came back saying that the item was not faulty, but as a gesture of goodwill they'd refund at last selling price - less than I'd paid. Eventually, now, they are giving me a replacement - which I don't really want as I think the fabric on this thing is genuinely sub-par.

Anyway, LK Bennett are clearly never refunding faulty items.