• Tweets

• Hi all, We bought a part to fix our washing machine approx 13 months ago direct from the manufacturer of the washing machine via phone. This part then failed 13 months later, as confirmed by their own engineer, who was sent by the manufacturer (who is also the retailer for the part) FoC. The engineer actually installed a replacement part, the machine came back to life, but they then removed the part used for testing (and ours reinstalled) as "we would be charged for it". The retailer are refusing to replace the part, stating that they only warranty parts for 90 days. When I stated that I believed the Consumer Rights Act gives me longer than that, they insinuated that it did not, and this was repeated by many representatives. AIUI for goods bought more than 6 months ago, I need to get an engineers report to confirm the part has failed? Or that it has failed due to manufacturing issues? Or would the companies own engineers report suffice? Also, does anyone have any other decent contact details for Hotpoint (or the Whirlpool group)? Thanks, GH
    • Thank you for that "read me", It's a lot to digest, lots of legal procedure. There was one thing that I was going to mention to you,  but in one of the conversations in that thread it was mentioned that there may be spies on the Forum,  this is something that I've read quite some time ago in a previous thread. What I had in mind was to wait for the thirty days after their reply to my CCA request and then send the unenforceable letter. I was hoping that an absence of signature could be the Silver Bullet but it seems that there are lot of layers to peel on this Onion.  
    • love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe if haven't realised yet the only chance that you are going to get anything you ask for from the DWP or ATOS is to get the request in writing from your doctor.

When you asked about getting the home medical this is what you were told to do. You were also told to get it documented that your mum may refuse to talk and so may not participate in the medical.

As you've also found out once you have this in writing from a doctor you still have a fight on your hands to get it acted upon.

You want to be in my position as I sent my Doctors letter in with my ESA50 application form. Guess what it was ignored/denied and for 3 weeks I have been getting the run around as they keep telling me they are recalling the file for review or call me back which they don't. I was told Fri by ATOS my appointment would be cancelled. Called DWP Monday who accessed my record and confirmed it was cancelled. Letter came Tues dated Fri saying your appointment has been cancelled (great I think) and on the next line says it's been rebooked for exactly the same date and time as the one cancelled.

Seriously WTF!!!!!!!

Edited by speedfreek

Do you have to inform the Atos Doctor that you are recording the WCA under the Data Protection Act? Thanks to all.

No it's a personal recording for personal use.

Do not get caught and don't mention it in anyway.

The recording itself can not be used for anything except that but a transcript of the recording can be made and may be excepted as evidence.

Thanks Speedfreek, I think their ability to provide a service to the DWP is questionnable, I mean fancy cancelling and then on the same letter providing exactly the same date and time, you just cannot blame that as computer error its the nut who is operating it. Agree, WTF

Thanks Joe and good luck :)

Did you put in an application for DLA too?

You really should have a look at it. My condition is similar to your mums but to a way lesser degree and I managed to get an award. Took 2 weeks from sending off the application to get the decision.

Mines going to pay for private low cost twice weekly psychotherapy sessions - couldn't afford them with out it. Ask the MH teams advice on access to low cost (for benefit claimants) services in your area. If your mum requires longer term or more intensive care than the NHS can offer it gives you more options.

I'll start my own thread on my ATOS treatment eventually it's all written down.

After 2 phone calls today they have reluctantly cancelled that appointment.... guess what the computer may still automatically rebook it (same date n time) which I will not find out about until the letter arrives. They didn't want to cancel it but with 5 days until it's supposed to happen how stupid do they think I am?

hello joeblogs, hope you and your mum are ok.:)

Hi Honeybee and speedfreek,

Speedfreek - The reason i think you may be getting the runaround is because you have sent your medical evidence letters/info etc where?

Was it sent to Belfast or Atos address at top of the page?

If it was to Atos address, all they want is the ESA50 form.

Medical certificates or any other documents must be sent to the office directly dealing with your claim. Do not enclose them with the ESA50 form.

Where did you send it????Belfast or atos address?

Dear All, - I have a A4 sized leaflet - Employment and Support Allowance - your medical questionaire - which states - it is very important that you go to the medical assessment: if you do not, you entitlement ESA maybe affected.(i think we all know that):)

Next bit

what happens next ?

We (i presume ATOS) will review your questionaire and decide if you need to attend the medical assessment.(if this has come from atos, they must

look at it ,)

so atos get questionaires(esa50),and who knows "what the hell" they do with them:rolleyes:

all the people saying that Atos dont seeesa50(i think not, but i do think they dont "act"on it:rolleyes:

"This questionaire is your oppourtunit to tell us how you are affected by your illness or disabling condition,and allows US to determine your level of illness or disabiliyy...........US,(being atos):eek:

WE,(i presume),atos:eek:

we /us =Atos..,not DWP.

Joeblogs,speedfreek,atos/dwp= .............s(you decide:))

"so all people saying atos dont see eessaas before DWP,"not so sure":)"

happyhamr:)

Hi Happyhamr, thank you so much for your kind messages, they are really appreciated. I do hope all us caggers can get our problems with Atos/DWP resolved but I now think we have more chance of watching pigs fly. Also with this new coalition government, again the country has been conned into believing a flash fast talking multi millionaire aka David Cameron and Nick Clegg I just cannot stand the bloke, two faced is an understatement. No wonder the pair are running the country.

• 1 month later...

Hi, wonder if anyone can help me, I am caring for my mother who has mental health problems and I am her carer. A4U assisted me in applying for DLA for her in April, her GP did not respond for 6 weeks relating to a medical report they wanted, he has now done this and DLA have received the report and to my knowledge it is with the Decision Maker and has been since last week. I keep ringing to find out if a decision has been made, some of the staff are very nice and admit it has taken a long time (due to GP) and others are indifferent and saying 'write to us' even though they are confirming it is with the DM. Has anyone got a phone number of someone in the DLA who can give me the answer please. Thanks.

Not sure why you are panicking here?

As long as it's awarded before the ESA WCA medical it should be fine and everything will be back dated to the date of the claim.

DLA decisions generally take between 2-8 weeks.

How long has it actually been?

Worth noting here that DLA (awarded middle care and above) opens up a whole new world of every day discounts and usually benefit premiums too for the pair of you :D

See here Great 'What discounts can I get when I'm disabled' Hunt - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

and here Housing benefit - Disability Alliance Factsheet F44 Disability Premium

I'm looking at this the Warmfront grant once my appeal goes in for ESA Do you qualify for a Grant

ESA is killing me but DLA has really opened up my world in a nice happy sort of way \o/

I'm afraid the only publically available number for DLA is 08457 123456; DM's numbers aren't given out (I've never managed in all my puff to get a DLA DM's number!).

However, what you can do is ask them to get the DM to call you back with an update on your claim. They won't ba able to give you an answer because the decision isn't made yet (otherwise the telephony folks would tell you - they would see the decision on the computer system), but if there is anything which is holding the claim up, the DM should be able to tell you.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

DLA / DWP direct dial numbers

0845 712 3456

0121 626 3220

Midlands DBC, Birmingham

Department for Work & Pensions (DWP)

0845 712 3456

020 8795 8400

Wembley office; covers area north of Thames

0845 712 3456

029 2058 6002

Disability Benefits office - Gabalfa, Cardiff, S.Wales

0845 712 3456

01367 730222

DLA Helpline (Disability Living Allowance)

0845 712 3456

0113 230 9000

Disability Living Allowance for claims from the Yorkshire area

Unverified Numbers Database

Company Name

0870 / 0871

0844 / 0845

01 / 02 / 03

Freephone

Other Information

0845 712 3456

0113 230 9000

Leeds DBC

0845 712 3456

01253 337181

Blackpool Area

0845 712 3456

0131 229 9191

For Scotland: Disability and Carers' Service and Disability Living Allowance.

0845 712 3456

0117 971 8311

Bristol switchboard

0845 712 3456

01253 337247

Alternative for Blackpool helpline

0845 712 3456

01253 337956

Blackpool covers N Wales

0845 712 3456

01253 337605

N Wales Area

0845 712 3456

01253 337957

Blackpool - Disability Benefits

0845 712 3456

0121 626 2000

Processing Office for Notts & the Midlands

0845 712 3456

020 8795 8400

Disability allowance claims in Essex

0845 712 3456

0151 934 6305

Disability Benefits Centre; St Martins House Bootle Liverpool

0845 712 3456

0151 934 6000

Number provided by main office in Wales for Disability Living Allowance (DLA), Bootle office

0845 712 3456

01253 337826

talking direct about disability benefits (dla)

Diability Living Allowance

0845 712 3456

01253 331014

DISABILITY LIVING ALLOWANCE

0845 712 3456

01253 331332

ALTERNATIVE NUMBER FOR THE HELPLINE AT BLACKPOOL

dla

0845 712 3456

Dla

0845 712 3456

029 2020 5860

Dla cardiff area

Department for Work.doc

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

kiptower I think I've fallen in love with you. I mastered the trick of managing to weedle landline numbers out of people but DLA is one I have never been able to get - thank you!

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

ok let you know the trick , its no secret,

www.saynoto0870.com

put in the 0845 / 0870 number etc

and by magic it comes up , highlight what you want, copy to word

and you can ether save the word doc or paste the results into the post

hope that helps

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Hello and thanks to everyone who has taken the time and trouble to answer my question. As sods law has it, DLA phoned me today and gave me the Birmingham landline number, a decision will be made very soon. Thanks again everyone.

Thanks also to Speedfreek for all those links, also Speedfreek you say as long as DLA is awarded before Atos WCA so called medical, why is this? Sorry the question may sound silly but my mom has not claimed benefits before and I havent a clue. Thanks for your help.

Topic #7236 - DLA Appeal-ESA medical report

It's not common but neither is it unheard of for the WCA report to be used as evidence in regard to a DLA award. So if you've got a failed WCA report knocking about or are having the assessment before DLA has been awarded it's worth knowing the pitfalls.

From what you've previously posted I shouldn't think you got anything to worry about!

Some of you good folks may remember from my previous posts that my mum suffers from mental ill health. In April I was advised to apply for DLA as I am her main carer, in fact I have had to put my whole life on hold to care for my mum, she needs supervising like my two young kids, sometimes she is an adult other times she is childlike, it is heartbreaking. Anyway, DLA wrote to her GP for a medical report, he basically sat on the request for 6 weeks before I went to see him to chase it up. He wrote his report on 20 July. In the meantime the Community Mental Health Team and a Social Worker came to my house to assess mum four weeks ago, they immediately changed her medication and wrote to ESA/DWP to request that no WCA should be undertaken and to consider moving her straight into the support group. They also got in touch with the Council and she has been moved into a warden controlled sheltered housing scheme near to me - all this has happened in the last four weeks. I have been chasing DLA up for a couple of weeks now about their decision, I spoke to mum's GP Practice Manager (who is also the doctors wife) and she said in her opinion DLA will be awarded. Today the letter arrived saying that mum does not qualify for either component of DLA for loads and loads of reasons, the list is endless. I am gobsmacked. What do I do? Have I the right to ask for a copy of her GP's medical report or should I get the Mental Health Team and Social Worker to get the report from the GP and ask them for a report and to ask them to help me appeal, and how do I appeal. I am at my wits end what with dealing with my kids and mum I dont know how much longer I can go on like this. Please someone help me as I am so stressed out by all this. Thank you.

Some of you good folks may remember from my previous posts that my mum suffers from mental ill health. In April I was advised to apply for DLA as I am her main carer, in fact I have had to put my whole life on hold to care for my mum, she needs supervising like my two young kids, sometimes she is an adult other times she is childlike, it is heartbreaking. Anyway, DLA wrote to her GP for a medical report, he basically sat on the request for 6 weeks before I went to see him to chase it up. He wrote his report on 20 July. In the meantime the Community Mental Health Team and a Social Worker came to my house to assess mum four weeks ago, they immediately changed her medication and wrote to ESA/DWP to request that no WCA should be undertaken and to consider moving her straight into the support group. They also got in touch with the Council and she has been moved into a warden controlled sheltered housing scheme near to me - all this has happened in the last four weeks. I have been chasing DLA up for a couple of weeks now about their decision, I spoke to mum's GP Practice Manager (who is also the doctors wife) and she said in her opinion DLA will be awarded. Today the letter arrived saying that mum does not qualify for either component of DLA for loads and loads of reasons, the list is endless. I am gobsmacked. What do I do? Have I the right to ask for a copy of her GP's medical report or should I get the Mental Health Team and Social Worker to get the report from the GP and ask them for a report and to ask them to help me appeal, and how do I appeal. I am at my wits end what with dealing with my kids and mum I dont know how much longer I can go on like this. Please someone help me as I am so stressed out by all this. Thank you.

My Ex neighbour also has mental illness very similar to your mother and she too have a Community Mental Health Team and a Social Worker. Please if you don't mind me asking is your mother at retiring age? I ask because when I I was helping my ex neighbour the first thing I did was to ring Age Concern they were brilliant and my ex neighbour received Attendance Allowance both Higher rate the lady even came to her house and filled the form for her perhaps get in touch with Age Concern in your Area they will help your mother with her needs.I cannot recommend them enough they help with everything they even have a Welfare Rights Officer.

I hope this helps

take care

Hi Folks, Just giving this post a little bump as I have to go about sorting this mess out tomorrow and not sure where to start first, do I approach the community mental health team and social worker and ask them to get a copy of the GP's report to DLA, do I phone DLA?, how do I appeal and what do I need to get the decision reversed? Please, any advice would be much appreciated.

Hello. Me mental health team were great and very supportive. I would contact them and ask for their help or advice, starting with the community worker. Otherwise you may need to contact the person who assessed your Mum - a psychiatrist?

You could also try Welfare Rights through your local council, if they have one.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi HB, thanks for your advice, can always rely on you thank goodness. I have been in touch with the social worker, she is angry about the decision and is going to do the appeal herself and contact mum's GP for copy of report, then she is making a new report to send to DLA. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, just wanted to ask to quick questions please. If my mum is eventually put in the support group, how long (if at all) will her ESA be backdated as she is currently on the assessment rate. Also I need to take a break later this year, as I am my mum's carer, will I be allowed to take her abroad as she is receiving ESA? Thank you everyone.