Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder joeblogs Informative joeblogs Informative joeblogs Informative

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    May 2008

Default DLA Phone Number

Hi, wonder if anyone can help me, I am caring for my mother who has mental health problems and I am her carer. A4U assisted me in applying for DLA for her in April, her GP did not respond for 6 weeks relating to a medical report they wanted, he has now done this and DLA have received the report and to my knowledge it is with the Decision Maker and has been since last week. I keep ringing to find out if a decision has been made, some of the staff are very nice and admit it has taken a long time (due to GP) and others are indifferent and saying 'write to us' even though they are confirming it is with the DM. Has anyone got a phone number of someone in the DLA who can give me the answer please. Thanks.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    speedfreek Highly informative speedfreek Highly informative speedfreek Highly informative speedfreek Highly informative speedfreek Highly informative speedfreek Highly informative speedfreek Highly informative speedfreek's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2009

Default Re: DLA Phone Number

Not sure why you are panicking here?

As long as it's awarded before the ESA WCA medical it should be fine and everything will be back dated to the date of the claim.

DLA decisions generally take between 2-8 weeks.

How long has it actually been?

Worth noting here that DLA (awarded middle care and above) opens up a whole new world of every day discounts and usually benefit premiums too for the pair of you

See here Great 'What discounts can I get when I'm disabled' Hunt - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

and here Housing benefit - Disability Alliance Factsheet F44 Disability Premium

I'm looking at this the Warmfront grant once my appeal goes in for ESA Do you qualify for a Grant

ESA is killing me but DLA has really opened up my world in a nice happy sort of way \o/

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2008
    I am in
    teramnian!!

I'm afraid the only publically available number for DLA is 08457 123456; DM's numbers aren't given out (I've never managed in all my puff to get a DLA DM's number!).

However, what you can do is ask them to get the DM to call you back with an update on your claim. They won't ba able to give you an answer because the decision isn't made yet (otherwise the telephony folks would tell you - they would see the decision on the computer system), but if there is anything which is holding the claim up, the DM should be able to tell you.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.
    (exceptions for prior authorisation)

If my advice has been helpful, please show your gratitude by taking a moment to click on the star icon on the bottom strip of my post

download the CAG toolbar

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative

Cagger since
    Sep 2008

DLA / DWP direct dial numbers

0845 712 3456
    0121 626 3220
    Midlands DBC, Birmingham
    0845 712 3456
    020 8795 8400
    Wembley office; covers area north of Thames
    0845 712 3456
    029 2058 6002
    Disability Benefits office - Gabalfa, Cardiff, S.Wales
    0845 712 3456
    01367 730222
    DLA Helpline (Disability Living Allowance)
    0845 712 3456
    0113 230 9000
    Disability Living Allowance for claims from the Yorkshireicon area

Unverified Numbers Database
    Company Name
    0870 / 0871
    0844 / 0845
    01 / 02 / 03
    Freephone
    Other Information
    Department for Work & Pensions (DWP)
    0845 712 3456
    0113 230 9000
    Leeds DBC
    0845 712 3456
    01253 337181
    Blackpool Area
    0845 712 3456
    0131 229 9191
    For Scotland: Disability and Carers' Service and Disability Living Allowance.
    0845 712 3456
    0117 971 8311
    Bristol switchboard
    0845 712 3456
    01253 337247
    Alternative for Blackpool helpline
    0845 712 3456
    01253 337956
    Blackpool covers N Wales
    0845 712 3456
    01253 337605
    N Wales Area
    0845 712 3456
    01253 337957
    Blackpool - Disability Benefits
    0845 712 3456
    0121 626 2000
    Processing Office for Notts & the Midlands
    0845 712 3456
    020 8795 8400
    Disability allowance claims in Essex
    0845 712 3456
    0151 934 6305
    Disability Benefits Centre; St Martins House Bootle Liverpool
    0845 712 3456
    0151 934 6000
    Number provided by main office in Wales for Disability Living Allowance (DLA), Bootle office
    0845 712 3456
    01253 337826
    talking direct about disability benefits (dla)
    Diability Living Allowance
    0845 712 3456
    01253 331014
    DISABILITY LIVING ALLOWANCE
    0845 712 3456
    01253 331332
    ALTERNATIVE NUMBER FOR THE HELPLINE AT BLACKPOOL
    dla
    0845 712 3456
    Dla
    0845 712 3456
    029 2020 5860
    Dla cardiff area

Attached Files
    NEVER FORGET

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...n-cookers.html
    Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2008
    I am in
    teramnian!!

kiptower I think I've fallen in love with you. I mastered the trick of managing to weedle landline numbers out of people but DLA is one I have never been able to get - thank you!

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.
    (exceptions for prior authorisation)

If my advice has been helpful, please show your gratitude by taking a moment to click on the star icon on the bottom strip of my post

download the CAG toolbar

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative

Cagger since
    Sep 2008

ok let you know the trick , its no secret,

www.saynoto0870.com

put in the 0845 / 0870 number etc

and by magic it comes up , highlight what you want, copy to word

and you can ether save the word doc or paste the results into the post

hope that helps

NEVER FORGET

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...n-cookers.html
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder joeblogs Informative joeblogs Informative joeblogs Informative

Cagger since
    May 2008

Hello and thanks to everyone who has taken the time and trouble to answer my question. As sods law has it, DLA phoned me today and gave me the Birmingham landline number, a decision will be made very soon. Thanks again everyone.

Cagger since
    May 2008

Thanks also to Speedfreek for all those links, also Speedfreek you say as long as DLA is awarded before Atos WCA so called medical, why is this? Sorry the question may sound silly but my mom has not claimed benefits before and I havent a clue. Thanks for your help.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    speedfreek Highly informative speedfreek Highly informative speedfreek Highly informative speedfreek Highly informative speedfreek Highly informative speedfreek Highly informative speedfreek Highly informative speedfreek's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2009

Topic #7236 - DLA Appeal-ESA medical report

It's not common but neither is it unheard of for the WCA report to be used as evidence in regard to a DLA award. So if you've got a failed WCA report knocking about or are having the assessment before DLA has been awarded it's worth knowing the pitfalls.

From what you've previously posted I shouldn't think you got anything to worry about!

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE