Holiday Insurance already included is this fair?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Travel agents and tour operators with the OFT Approved code logo promise to:

• treat you fairly if problems arise

• guarantee good customer service

• give you clear-cut information about their holidays

• have user-friendly, straightforward and quick procedures for dealing with customer complaints

• use clear and fair contracts

• offer low-cost dispute resolution if you can't agree about how to sort out a problem

• model terms and conditions

• a disciplinary committee to deal with members who do not deliver the code's standards.

Is there anything else?

What is the deal with insurance? It does have to be very clear by law ? by ABTA ? and in general??

Pleasee any help!! Cheers

Help me to help others!

robert you should know the following.

"ABTA" have lost their OFT approval kite mark because they will no longer compensate travellers who have lost their deposits/full payments through the theft/fraud of the holiday operator even if they ARE ABTA regsitered

• 2 weeks later...

Hoseasons & Blakes although both sign up to ABTA will force you, literally when you phone up they say the insurance IS compulsory! their insurance which provides little more cover as you already are signed into a security waiver is really pushed hard.

I want to force the companies to stop this.

Also they already force a cancellation insurance which will cover you if you die are hi-jacked etc all unlikely events. The insurance is forced and cannot be removed.

I want to know if this is fair.

All the prices of the boats in the brochures you have to take and then add£100 qouted from their telesales staff!

Hardly clear concise pricing - what can I do?

Help me to help others!

Hoseasons & Blakes although both sign up to ABTA will force you, literally when you phone up they say the insurance IS compulsory! their insurance which provides little more cover as you already are signed into a security waiver is really pushed hard.

I want to force the companies to stop this.

Also they already force a cancellation insurance which will cover you if you die are hi-jacked etc all unlikely events. The insurance is forced and cannot be removed.

I want to know if this is fair.

All the prices of the boats in the brochures you have to take and then add£100 qouted from their telesales staff!

Hardly clear concise pricing - what can I do?

I think when hiring a boat it is a similar to hiring a car - and the ins is therfore compulsory, I am no expert but just my thought on this. You ae in efect insuring boat not passengers. Travel insurance is totally different.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

well you are already covered in case of negligence it doesn't seem fair - more like a profit gravy train!

What about the forcing of travel insurance which isn't compulsory but they say it is on the phone without asking any questions - it does cover you if you travel to the boating yard by ferry but as i live in the UK I will more likely be travelling by train! lol

Help me to help others!

I believe it is illegal to combine an insurance policy with another contract.

Your boat is insured by the operator, but you are expected to take reasonable care. Hire bases either require a refundable security deposit or a damage waiver payment. Many hire bases will also offer you optional insurance against the cost of a diving service to clear a propeller fouled by your own negligence.

The personal insurance cover is automatically added when you call up & even if you explain you do not wish to take their crap cover out - they insist!

Then the cancellation insurance which I have since found out cannot be cancelled - is already included in the hire boat charge but this seems more like an add-on.

Every price you have to add about £100 on - what can I do?

ps the t&cs are only available once you have purchased the holiday. You have to accept something your not allowed to read until you have paid for it!!!

I want this stopped

Help me to help others!