Can anyone give advice on Health/Medical Insurance?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was looking in to purchasing a health plan but there's too much to choose from. (paradox of choice)

Was hoping I could get some advice. Maybe a what to avoid list or something?

I'm not covered with my company so was looking for either an individual or family health insurance plan.

What should I look out for when purchasing a plan and has anyone out there had any problems with their provider?

Is it better to go direct or use one of the comparison sites?

:D

CAG Newbie

Hello. I will try to start this off for you. Which sort of health insurance do you mean first of all, hospital and medical expenses type, perhaps?

I don't know much about comparison sites, but I'm sure someone else will comment. I personally wouldn't go direct, unless you're prepared to read all the details and leaflets and decide the differences direct. You could consider going to an independent broker who will explain how it works and do comparisons for you.

The sort of questions you're asking sound like something Money Which might be able to answer. Your library may have the most recent report that you could look at.

We don't see many problems with this type of insurance on the forum, but you could search the forum for problems once we establish what type of policy you're looking for, or you could google company names and 'problem' and see what comes up.

I hope some of that makes sense. I'm sure there will be other comments.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum