arc v oh insurance 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks caggers,

Had two missed calls and just answered the phone with same number and she said it was ARC.Would not speak to me,wanted to speak to OH on a personnel matter.

whats the gold rule.....

NEVER EVER talk to dc's or their tame fake solicitors on the phone.

put it down

they have no legal powers

hello guests .dx waves

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no

just your typical sheep in wolves clothes.

quite common.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DCAs contacting you in another letterhead is considered unfair practice

2 UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES

Communication

2.1 It is unfair to communicate, in whatever form, with consumers in an unclear,

inaccurate or misleading manner

c. those contacting debtors not making clear who they are, who

they work for, what their role is, what the purpose of the

contact is

DCAs using solicitors letterhead is an offence under Fraud Act 2006

"Fraud by false representation" is defined by Section 2 of the Act as a case where a person makes "any representation as to fact or law ... express or implied" which they know to be untrue or misleading.

• 2 weeks later...

Help....!

Arc has just phoned the oh and have said they are going for a ccj for £104.00.

Only one letter received about outstanding debt and several phone calls about the debt.

The debt is for white goods insurance.

The muppet on the phone called oh a liar and said no payments had been paid...wrong!

1 payment in December £16.00 ish confirmed by bank

1 DD payment in Jan £16.00 ish ditto.

They are collecting on behalf of Legal & Gen

Have no problem in paying but it is their attitude that really p***** oh off.:-x

They talk to you like you've just trod in something.

If i could i'd put hand down the phone and rip his f****** head off!:-x

I want to make it as difficult as i possibly can now for these muppets...what should i do?:idea:

Make a complaint to ARC about the conduct of their staff. Threaten to report them to the OFT and other relevant bodies.

They should be able to listen back to the phone call, as most companies record their calls these days.

I thought it was against OFT rules to threaten using the courts in this way.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Never deal with these companies on the phone. To the extent that their staff are trained, they are only skilled in bullying and extracting money without regard to anything else. If they ring again, refuse to go through their security questions.

I would write to them setting out your proposals for repayment and make it clear that they need to write back to you. Don't give them any information about your financial circumstances other than stating what the maximum amount is that you can afford to pay.

As Uncle Bulgaria has said, it would be a good idea to make a complaint. If they're difficult and really want to go for the throat, send them a Subject Access Request and make it clear that you regard their telephone recording system as a relevant filing system.

They could. They would just complete the online process and then your OH would receive the court papers. They should however, first of all issue a 'letter before action' saying that they will definately be taking court action, if payment is not received in x no. of days.

If they are collecting on behalf of L&G, they would normally need their permission before they proceeded in this way. I am not sure L&G would have authorised them doing so.

Another avenue open to you, is to make a complaint to L&G about the behaviour of arc. Would L&G want to be associated with a company that acts in this way.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Your OH should get a letter from them first, before they did this.

What was the story with the white goods Insurance? Did your OH, just stop paying for this, without contacting the Insurers to cancel.

If the Insurers have cancelled the cover, your OH can write to them for a full breakdown of the cancellation charges calculation. Your OH could enter into a complaint with L&G about this, just so that the matter is in dispute. Debt companies should stop collection activities, if the debt is subject to a dispute. This would slow them down for a while, if they are told that the debt is now in dispute with L&G.

Hi Unc,

I cancelled the DD by mistake thinking i cancelled something else and never reinstated the DD...we just forgot about it.

As i say we are willing to pay the £104.00 it's just the attitude of these bankers,i just want to be as awkward as possible.

Hi Caggers,

Oh received this from ARC - any comments please!

i cca'd them as per template + £1 po and they have used the postal order to knock a pound of the os debt!:eek:

so are you trying to reclaim ppi?

dx waves to the 3 guest spies.....

dx

and they

Hi DX,

We took out an insurance cover on one of our white goods but i cancelled the dd by mistake.

We have since gone else where for white good insurance cover because of the issues we have had with them.