Help! Swinton cancellation within cooling off period

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I didn't realise until this morning that I couldn't use my no claims on more than one car - I'm sure it's in microscopic print somewhere but I didn't see it!

Anyway, a very rude swinton employee rang me up and told me that this was the case and then said if I took no claims off they can't quote me on my car!

After much anger I cancelled my policy and informed them that as I was within my cooling off period and i was technically missold my policy as i was unaware about the no claims thing I would like a refund on my policy....

I paid a £63.49 initial payment on the insurance and they also want to charge me £50 cancellation fee....

I am at a loss here. Surely this is not fair and legal as it's within my cooling off period and technically they haven't been insuring me anyway as technically my policy was not valid?

HELP PLEASE!!!!!

thank you

Steve

Swinton are technically correct here, UNLESS, you told them you were using the No claims discount already being used elsewhere or you asked and they gave you the wrong info.

You have to have Insurance and Swinton can charge a time on risk for the days they were on cover.

So cancel with them and ask them to send you a breakdown on the cancellation charges. If you don't agree with them, enter their complaints process and see what happens. After 8 weeks if you reach deadlock with them, you could always go to the FOS.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread