Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder th3joker Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Sep 2006

Default Parking Fine - In Disabled Bay Badge Expired

Hi,

I got a parking ticketicon in a council run car park where you have to pay to park even when displaying disabled badges.

I bought a parking ticket and displayed it next to my disabled badges.

When I returned 30 minutes later there was a ticket on the car, I thought this must be a mistake as I could see both the ticket and badge quite clearly through the screen.

When I checked the "Excess Charge Notice" it said that the car was parked in a space for disabled without displaying a valid blue badge.

I checked the blue badge and it had in fact expired on the 31st May this year. Apparently they don't send out reminders when they are due.

I have brain damage and really bad memory so clearly forgot to renew the badge. I've since renewed it this week.

I sent a nicely worded appeal via email to the council who rejected it. I've sent another one with the new badge on so they know I'm genuinely allowed one.

Where we previously lived the local council got to know me quite well as I forgot to display my badge quite frequently. They where always understanding and rescinded the tickets.

This local council however are one of the few in the country who actually charge disabled people to park. They are well know for being difficult.

Since I actually paid for the parking but used a Disabled bay with my unknowingly expired badge where do I stand legally. Is there anything else I can do to get them to reconsider.

Will they take me to court or is there an independent appeals process before that, would I stand any chance in court or at appeal?

Many thanks for any help/advice.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jul 2007

Default Re: Parking Fine - In Disabled Bay Badge Expired

If its an excess charge rather than a penalty charge you have had your opportunity to appeal. If you don't pay you will get taken to Magistrates court for non payment and you can argue your case there.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE