• Tweets

• Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
    • As already mentioned freely available "credit scores" are fairly useless. All lenders have their own "credit scoring" system, that for obvious reasons they don't divulge. And they're "scored" differently to the freely available ones. As soon as they could, we've always encouraged our two children to use credit cards responsibly... Pay off in full, etc, to generate good history. It's paid off. At quite young ages, they have both obtained loans for cars, mortgage and their credit card limits are through the roof. Personally, I have shifted debt around a lot on credit cards (even financed a house purchase once at 0% 😉) and I've only ever been refused a credit card once, sorry twice by the same company, over many years. They must have something very different in their lending criteria. You're a tight one, Mr Branson.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

DWP/ATOS Nightmare

Galido
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry if I have done this all wrong,but I am new here,its late,I'm in pain and distressed...

Hi,

I am confused,distressed and have become increasinly depressed by the DWP and ATOS.They just seem like Bullies to my,who are wasting my time,their time and my GP’S. I had to give up work in 2004 due to increasinly bad health.I claimed nothing as I did’nt even have a proper Diagnosis.It took me almost 4 years to get one.I was diagnosed,after many tests with a condition called Fibromyalgia/Me (chronic fatigue)

My condition has continued to deteriate.I started to receive Disabilty allowance 2 years ago,and have just been awarded this for a further 3 years,due to the letter my Proffessor wrote to them.He is the top man in my condition and says I will never work again,as my condition will never really improve only get worse and stress is so bad for me and these people continue to harass me and make me sicker.I had a home visit from Atos,and there Dr stated in his opinion I would be fit to resume work in 6 months !!! I now have them on my back again,countless worrying letters.I have had to get another letter just recently from my GP,who throughly backs me to state I will need a home visit again,I practically home bound because of my health.

I actually spoke to Atos today !! about another appointment that they had sent me AFTER receiving my Doctors letter.They told me “their” Dr was looking in to it and I would get an answer shortly,if not I must attend !!! I dont undertand how they operate.I am under the my GP and a Professor of imunology who both agree I am unfit to work ??? yet they keep the pressure on even thoe my GP has told them that this all aids to making my health worse.I feel they are sending me mad,and I dont feel I have anywhere to turn to,and there is nothing I can do about it..

Can anyone here advise me pleaseeee

Gabby

from my painful experience I would advise the following.

1. Refrain from any telephone conversations with them as these are designed to infuriate people and are nearly always in my opinion contradictory depending on who you talk to.

2. Keep them on their toes by requesting SAR from all parties atos, gp and dwp , demand Audit Trail explain your grievance very clearly in writing.

3. From this moment ensure a good strong paper trail for everything they are doing and trying to do.. use internet to contact any MP's in your area very clearly explaining your grievance.

I know its difficult and stressful but try and treat it like a game that is what they do.

I am not an expert but hope this helps in some way and I am sure the senior Site people will be long soon with better advice also.

good luck

:( Please excuse me if I am in the wrong place (again) only found this site last night,only found out that there were lots of other people going through the pain and suffering at the hands of the DWP/ATOS.

Hi,

I am confused,distressed and have become increasinly depressed by the DWP and ATOS.They just seem like Bullies to my,who are wasting my time,their time and my GP’S. I had to give up work in 2004 due to increasinly bad health.I claimed nothing as I did’nt even have a proper Diagnosis.It took me almost 4 years to get one.I was diagnosed,after many tests with a condition called Fibromyalgia/Me (chronic fatigue)

My condition has continued to deteriate.I started to receive Disabilty allowance 2 years ago,and have just been awarded this for a further 3 years,due to the letter my Proffessor wrote to them.He is the top man in my condition and says I will never work again,as my condition will never really improve only get worse and stress is so bad for me and these people continue to harass me and make me sicker.I had a home visit from Atos,and there Dr stated in his opinion I would be fit to resume work in 6 months !!! I now have them on my back again,countless worrying letters.I have had to get another letter just recently from my GP,who throughly backs me to state I will need a home visit again,I practically home bound because of my health.

I actually spoke to Atos today !! about another appointment that they had sent me AFTER receiving my Doctors letter.They told me “their” Dr was looking in to it and I would get an answer shortly,if not I must attend !!! I dont undertand how they operate.I am under the my GP and a Professor of imunology who both agree I am unfit to work ??? yet they keep the pressure on even thoe my GP has told them that this all aids to making my health worse.I feel they are sending me mad,and I dont feel I have anywhere to turn to,and there is nothing I can do about it..

Can anyone here advise me pleaseeee

Gabby :???:

Thankyou Rae, and

Thankyou Micko19.Subject Acess Request,never heard of it,never would have known,thankyou so much.The other link Grievance,I am just off to read.And I havent ever had any dealings with my local MP's ect,would'nt have thought I could contact them over such a matter,but I may just pluck up the courage and energy to do this.

Kind regards

i am sorry to hear of your position..buut welcome to the ATOS appreciation society...this company does nothing but try to help government to reach their targets by insisting that us scroungers get the hell off the sick and back to work....the problem as i see it..by not attending the appointment they can and will stop your benefit...unfortunately i am not an expert on the workings of these idiots but there are plenty of people on here who are used to dealing with them and i am sure someone will be along to help out

I have had to get another letter just recently from my GP,who throughly backs me to state I will need a home visit again,I practically home bound because of my health.

I actually spoke to Atos today !! about another appointment that they had sent me AFTER receiving my Doctors letter.They told me “their” Dr was looking in to it and I would get an answer shortly,if not I must attend !!! I dont undertand

Right welcome to the wonderful world of ATOS Firstly Don't panic! You are now in a magical realm of fantasy unfortunately you will not meet a cowardly lion, a tin man or a scarecrow or be able to click your heals together 3 times to make it all go away.

If you had a home visit once you'll get it again as there's a list of conditions somewhere (if someone not as lazy as me could find it please) which they follow to chose home visit, taxi to or medical centre.

So if it's been granted once then it should be again.

Now what have they actually told you? No home medical, they haven't received the request, the doctor hasn't decided or what?

Also how did you get the DRs letter requesting the home medical to them? Fax or included with the ESA50 forms?

Remember the phone number on the letter from ATOS to book the appointment is just that only to book the appointment. They have no authority (I've found) to do anything else and generally talk a load of bobbins n gubbins that confuses and gets you worked up.

Now if your lucky you'll get a trained one who will give you another number to contact. These are the people who can cancel/re-arrange appointments and do other things maybe.

Now I was told this number was 'Medical Services' and next time they gave me it it had become the 'Resourcing Department'. Strangely when the number was answered they said it was the medical centre I was going to go to for my assessment.

The phrase Arse >>>> Elbow springs to mind.

Have a read of this thread as we all have grief trying to arrange this :roll:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/261056-letter-atos-arrange-medical.html

My tribulations are on page 5.

Mine only took 10 phone calls and 3 weeks to sort out #swoons in a femininely lead character of a Mills n Boon romance novel sort of way

It took 2 attempts for them to correctly re-arrange the appointment! You have to stand your ground and take no guff. My appointment was only 3 days away but I was very persistent - stress :mad:

I was on the list for offer taxi. They offered it I accepted, they're also arranging it and pre-paying for it so result \o/

1. Refrain from any telephone conversations with them as these are designed to infuriate people and are nearly always in my opinion contradictory depending on who you talk to.

2. Keep them on their toes by requesting SAR from all parties atos, gp and dwp , demand Audit Trail explain your grievance very clearly in writing.

3. From this moment ensure a good strong paper trail for everything they are doing and trying to do.. use internet to contact any MP's in your area very clearly explaining your grievance.

This is good advice for complaints or/and if you run into to trouble.

The problem with following this at this time is that you will run the risk of having your claim being closed if they do not reply to (or deny receiving) the letter and the date of the medical passes and you do not attend.

See your other thread as you will have to call ATOS and keep at them. The MP advice is sound but only after you've exhausted everything else.

Since you're being processed again all dates have to be religiously adhered to and unless you have "just cause" for missing anything things will go from bad to worse.

c/o: DWP Atos Healthcare Medical Services Contract

Medical Conditions and Categories

For the purposes of administrative scrutiny of cases to determine suitability for inclusion in the DLA in Medical Examination Centre project, 5 categories of case have been devised:

In 2005 the Welfare Reform Bill, which introduced the Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), had not yet been enacted hence the reference to the Disability Living Allowance (DLA).

1. Unsuitable for calling to a Medical Examination Centre.
  2. Reference to Medical Advisor required for advice.
  3. Tentatively invite to Medical Examination Centre.
  4. Invite to Medical Examination Centre.
  5. Any other Diagnosis.

For each category a list is attached.

1. Unsuitable for calling to a Medical Examination Centre.

Age >75 years

Both Blind and Deaf

Registered Blind (needs to be seen in own environment)

Cases accepted under the Special Rules defining Terminal illness.

Alzheimers

Amputation of both legs

Asperger's

Autistic Spectrum Disorder / Autism

Cerebral Palsy

Dementia

Hemiplegia

Huntingdon's Chorea

Korsakoffs Psychosis

Macmillan Nurse attending.

Motor Neurone Disease

On oxygen

Paraplegia

Quadraplegia

Renal Dialysis

Severe Mental Impairment

Severe Learning Difficulty

Spastic Diplegia

Tetraplegia

Total Parenteral Nutrition

Unstable Angina

Wernicke's Encephalopathy

2. Reference to Medical Advisor required for advice.

AIDS

Astrocytoma

Bone Marrow Transplant

Brittle Bone Disease

Cancer

Cystic Fibrosis

Dermatomyositis

Glioma

Guillane-Barre Syndrome

Hodgkin's Lymphoma

Leukaemia

Liver Failure

Mental Retardation

Mental Subnormality

Multiple Sclerosis

Muscular Dystrophy

Non Hodgkin's Lmphoma

On Morphine / MST

Osteogenesis Imperfecta

Parkinson's Disease

Poliomyelitis

Polymyasitis

Registered partially sighted

Respiratory Failure

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Schizoaffective Disorder

Schizophrenia

SLE

Spinal Injury

Systemic Lupus Erythematosis

Scleroderma

5evere Depression

Thallassaemia

3. Tentatively invite to Medical Examination Centre.

Agoraphobia (offer taxi)

Anorexia Nervosa

Ataxia

Bipalar Affective Disorder / Bipolar Disease Manic Depression

Burns

Cardiomyopathy

Cerebrovascular Accident / CVA

Cerebrovascular Disease

CFS

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Crohn's Disease

Diabetic Neuropathy

Eating Disorder

Fibromyalgia

Haemopphilia

Heart Transplant

Hemiparesis

Learning Difficulties

Leg Ulcers

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / ME

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Peripheral Neuropathy

Phobic Anxiety

Sickle Cell Anaemia

Social Phobia

Spina Bifida

Stroke

Subarachnoid Haemorrage / SAH

Ulcerative Colitis

Varicose Ulcers

4. Invite to Medical Examination Centre.

Alcohol Dependence

Anaemia

Angina

Ankylosing Spondylitis

Anxiety

Arrythmia

Asthma

Atrial Fibrillation

Back Pain

Bronchiectasis

Bulimia Nervosa

Cardiac Arrythmia

Cervical Spondylosis

Chronic Bronchitis

Chronic Obstructive Airways Disease

Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease

COPD

Coronary Artery Disease

Coronary Heart Disease

Depression

Dermatitis

Diabetes

Diverticular Disease

Diverticulitis

Dizziness

Down's Syndrome

Drug Dependence

Eczema

Endometriosis

Epilepsy

Hearing Impairment

Hernia

HIV

Hypertension

Hyperthyroidism

Hypathyroidism

Hysterectomy

Incontinence

Ischaemic Heart Disease

Irritable Bowel Syndrome / IBS

Joint Pain

Kyphosis

Kyphoscoliosis

Labyrinthitis

Liver Transplant

Lumbar Spondylosis

Meniere's Disease

Migraine

Myasthenia Gravis

Neck Pain

Osteoarthritis

Osteoporosis

Overactive Thyroid

Panic Attacks

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease

Peripheral Vascular Disease

Personality Disorder

Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc

Psoriasis

"Registered Alcoholic"

Renal Transplant

Rheumatic Heart Disease

Scoliosis

Slipped Disc

Underactive Thyroid

Valvular Heart Disease

Varicose Veins

Visual Impairment

5. Any other Diagnosis.

Not listed above should be referred to a Medical Adviser for advice

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

Oh !! my gosh..Thankyou to everyone who has replied,I really am over whelmed and actually feel I'm no longer alone,as I had felt before 5am this morning when I was still laying awake worrying about all this.

I get very confused and forgetful due to my conditions,find phone calls soooo tiring,that after 2 minutes my mind just goes to mush.

Speedfreak ,you asked,they havene yet told me no home medical,BUT I feel its been left in the air as I sent my Doctors letter back to them with their appointment,they have confirmed they have recieved it but tell me "their" Doctor has to agree it and give it the go ahead,but if I dont hear back from them that I MUST ATTEND the 2nd appointment they have sent me for the 21st !! I told the shirty woman I spoke to Atos,that I had sent the letter from Dr backing a home visit,he and my Proff are behind me 101%,and that I would not be attending as I was unable,and told her to please make a note of that on her screen.

I do not recieve any benefits as such from Social security (or whatever it is called these days) as my Husband works full time and I am a part time job for him also !! All of this with them is so that my national insurance stamp will be paid toward my pension.. It seems a hellobello for just that.

Many Thanks to the Lone Ranger,what kind people you all are.

Debt4get,thankyou also.But I am not on any benefits,its just for my stamp. I went almost 4 years before I diagnosed,and during that time my stamp was'nt paid which is really going to effect my pension,which is another worry.

ATOS and DWP have literally made me sicker than I usually am,I am just sooo tired and feel like telling them to just forget it and face things later on when I reach pension age.I was once a feisty person but my conditions dont allow me,I have no energy to exert anymore.

Sorry to babble on,but I feel so relieved to have found a place where others are in the same boat,thoe of course I wish none of us were..

Love and light to you all

Sorry,I meant to ask one question,can someone please tell me,how their Doctor/Body can over rule an individuals own GP and Professor ? As I am under a Proffessor of Imunology who is the top Dog in the field.I am lucky enough to be under his care.It was due to his letter to DLA that I got awarded 3 years ??

Its so confusing.

Hi Galido, so glad you're getting some responses :)

For some bizarre reason the DWP has it in their mindset that all GPs and other NHS medical professionals are highly biased towards their patients. Only the ultra independent [ahem!] ATOSH can be trusted...

If it hasn't already been mentioned - and I don't think it has - do try and get your MP involved. As you rightly say, this is an amazing route to go down just for your National Insurance stamp!

Good luck m'dear.

Best wishes

Rae

Sorry,I meant to ask one question,can someone please tell me,how their Doctor/Body can over rule an individuals own GP and Professor ? As I am under a Proffessor of Imunology who is the top Dog in the field.I am lucky enough to be under his care.It was due to his letter to DLA that I got awarded 3 years ??

Its so confusing.

Hi Galido, the so called "Health Care Professionals" employed by Atos are instructed to disregard the supporting evidence of the claimant's GPs, Consultants etc. and instead to base their assessments on the computerised scoring produced by a programme called LiMA (Logic-integrated Medical Assessment). LiMA is a modified version of a programme which was developed for the U.S. Medical Insurance Industry to reduce both the amounts and numbers of successful claims, thereby saving the industry money. LiMA has attracted significant criticism from the CAB, CPAG, disabilities charities and individuals such as Professor Paul Gregg who was one of the main architects of ESA's design. The government has appointed Professor Malcolm Harrington to lead a review of the (un)fairness of the "Work Capability Assessment" which is to report it's findings at the end of this year, however these flawed medicals are continuing regardless.

See:

http://brightonbenefitscampaign. wordpress.com/2... (Employment and Support Allowance: a new harsher test Brighton Benefits Campaign)

http://www.cas.org.uk/FileAccess.aspx?id=7323 (Unfit for Purpose - Scottish CAB evidence on ESA)

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/not_working_ma... (CAB evidence on the ESA work capability assessment.)

DWP ESA Medical Examinations (First hand experience of the DWP ESA procedure from someone with a debilitating and life threatening brain tumour who was deemed fit by the DWP's "medical" contractor).

With the introduction of new Welfare Reform Acts the last government has introduced a regime of conditions and sanctions to tackle the 'terminally lazy' who've made a life-style choice of 'sucking at the welfare teat'. I would not deny that this is laudable, if it were not for the fact that zanu-liebou®s' welfare reforms carry a far more insidious hidden agenda to cut welfare spending regardless of who gets hurt by having their benefits reduced and taken away from them. The ill and disabled are seen as "low hanging fruit" being least able to fight the injustice.

No-one can follow the previous and current governments' irrational reliance on what is, even by the government's admission, a flawed medical assessment system, however the official line is that GP's etc. are frightened of upsetting their patients and give out sick-notes etc. too easily because they fear confrontation, I.e. they are not to be trusted. This of course is just government propaganda, as are accusations that up to 90% of claimants are playing the system - it's all designed to assist them to vilify the ill and disabled and make it easier to reduce and remove their benefits without even a murmur of disapproval from most of the electorate.

The ideology which gave rise to these iniquitous welfare reforms dates back to the mid nineties and has been an on-going project of the neo-liberal right to pour more tax payer money into the private sector whilst simultaneously dismantling the Welfare State.

See:

New Labour, the market state, and the end of welfare

Jonathan Rutherford looks at the connections between government and the insurance business in their joint project to reduce eligibility for sickness benefits.

Kindest regards,

Paul.

• Haha 1

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

Speedfreak ,you asked,they havene yet told me no home medical,BUT I feel its been left in the air as I sent my Doctors letter back to them with their appointment,they have confirmed they have recieved it but tell me "their" Doctor has to agree it and give it the go ahead,but if I dont hear back from them that I MUST ATTEND the 2nd appointment they have sent me for the 21st !! I told the shirty woman I spoke to Atos,that I had sent the letter from Dr backing a home visit,he and my Proff are behind me 101%,and that I would not be attending as I was unable,and told her to please make a note of that on her screen.

All the above sounds strangely familiar :roll:

Have they given you a time frame for when the "doctor" will read it/give you a decision? - didn't think so.

Don't fall for it as your on the list so entitled to a home appointment no matter what they say.

but if I dont hear back from them that I MUST ATTEND the 2nd appointment they have sent me for the 21st

Sounds like bull *cough* to me. I had mine rearranged/rebooked twice; granted the 1st time they re-booked it was for exactly the same date and time as the original appointment but hey nobodies perfect eh?

Maybe worth while calling the DWP ESA line (the number will be on the top of all DWP ESA letters) Monday and asking for their advice.

Remember to mention you've sent a supporting DR letter, Have had one before at home and according to the document in Loan Rangers 1st post in this thread are on the list.

They will basically tell you anything to get you off the phone and not rebook. You have to repeat yourself often, be very firm and if they try and tell you some rubbish always question it and always press for a time/date for resolution.

If you have to call them every day do it. Unfortunately in this country the more you shout the more you are listened too.

My mantra was to start every call with "Hello I've request a home medical, I have a supporting letter from my DR which you have received and I have had called you X times to try and get it sorted out without success. Ending with "Exactly how long will that take & when will I receive an answer?"

E.G. Oh sir we called you back on XXX date! Yes you did but do you consider that a 30 second call to say you are looking into it followed by nothing for 3 days acceptable? Erm erm erm. No I didn't think so! So back to business...

You need to make a note of time and date of every call and also the gist of what you have been told. - This goes for every phone call to DWP/ATOS - as being able to recite it back to em and having a record shows you mean business. It will also form the basis of any escalation/complaint (which hopefully you wont need).

Keep us informed on how you get on.

I cant believe the responce's,thankyou ALL so much,I would click my heels (LONERANGER) If I had the energy !! Thankyou for riding ! in with more advice for me. I will have to read your links,have to do so slowly as it takes me time to take it in,due to my conditions.

And many thanks to you Rae :)

and SpeedFreak..

I'm so glad I found you all,

Galido :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I dont know if I am in the right place again,I cant seem to find my way round this site very easily,sorry.

But I wanted to update the nice folk that replied to my last Thread about DWP/ATOS.

I have now had confirmation that my ATOS medical assesement will take place at home.Thats after a few of you told me it would as my 1st one had been conducted at home but ATOS did'nt tell me that and continued to stress me me out so much that my hair has now started to fall out :Cry:

I have been advised that I should record the interview in my home,can anyone tell me if this is legal,if I should tell the visiting Doctor or not?

And does anyone else have any advice for me please ?

I am a living wreck at present and it has made my health conditions even worse than they are usually.

As I said in my last thread this is all for my National Insurance Stamp,as I was told I was'nt entitled to any other benefit as my Husband works full time.I would really like to know how much a Married Womans National Insurance Stamp is? if anyone knows. I cant believe they would go to all this trouble after being under a Professor that says I will never work again and to remove such thoughts from my head !

And is it true that they do NOT take into account your own GP's or Consultants opinions?

Many Thanks...

Guest jsa12

no one should live like this and it would be wise to involve your gp, atos have from what i have been reading a controversial group with controversial decisions,however this medical must take place to continue being in receipt of payments.

there inst any reason why a medical cannot be recorded with permission on all sides and will prevent any misunderstanding that may arise.

a benefit called pension credit is in place for those who have not paid ni contributions' this guarantees a minimum amount on retirement.

Hello, sorry to hear you're going through the mill like this.

You don't have to say you're recording the assessment.

I didn't think the married woman's NI contribution still existed. Are you paying it because that's always been your rate? I think it's worth checking more, to make sure what you will benefit from if they're credited to you. It should be on the DWP website.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

You don't have to say you're recording the assessment.

Is correct it's a personal recording for personal use, therefore you do not need to inform anybody that it's being made or ask permission.

Just don't get caught as they're a bit sensitive about it!

Well done on sticking to your guns on the home visit :D

Thankyou Jsa,HoneyBee and Speedfreak (am I in the right place in the Forum?)

Well,I think I will definately tape it as the First Medical I had home,I requested it after and at least half of it bore no resemblance to what I had actually said,they were'nt my words at all. I would like to know if what they write down should be what I say or what they think ???

And I would still like any advice/tips for the actual Day? Its scaring me silly.

Many Thanks,

Oh !! Rae,just wanted to say I have updated,but I dont know where abouts it is here,I havent really found my way round.

I have now heard I am to have a Home visit and I have written to my local MP,heard back originally,but not since,still waiting.

I am just dreading this visit,I am stressed that my hair has started to fall out :(

But have to carry on,I have no choice,

Thankyou to everyone who replied,