council tax bill just arrived from 2002 help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

recieved a letter today for a demand for council tax dating back to 2002 with a liability order given in 2004...will i still have to pay for this? or have the council waited too long..strange thing is they have always known where i live

is this a baliffs letter

i helped my brother out by demanding the council send a copy of the liability order, the one signed by the magistrate and a copy of the letter sent out stating when the liability hearing would be held

council backed off

been four years now

hi post..no its a letter from the council...headed liability order...giving address of property..and that it was from unpaid council tax from 2002 with order obtained 2004...it isnt for a great amount of money..just surprised the council have waited this long to try to enforce...is there no time limit on this?

Afraid Not

As Its Council Tax, It Does Not Become Time Barred As A Liability Order Has Been Granted

As With Any Tax

You Have To Pay It, Even After Bankrupcy

If Its A Small Amount, I Would Pay It Befor The Local Thugs Get There Hands On It But I Would Request A Statement Of Acount From The Council

thanks m8 it was my daughters and she paid it earlier today...i was hoping against hope that she maybe could have got it back as it was so long ago but obviously not...thanks anyway