Trouble with Swinton

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5044 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

i bought a new car in may and went into my local swinton branch to change my insurance from my old car to my new car, they charged me £90 to change all my details and insurance on the day. The woman in the branch advised me that monthly payments would be £108 a month but swinton would write to me to confirm how much they would be changing my direct debit to. When i recived this letter it stated that they were amending my direct debit to £39.05 per month starting on 28th may. On 28th of may they did take £39.05. I have just hecked my bank account as my next payment is due out tomorrow and they are taking £121 out of my account. I have had no notification of this change and the letter stated that all payments after and including the 28th of may would be at £39.05.

I really dont know what i should do about this, luckily i have the money in my account to pay the amount they want to take but they didnt notify me of the increase.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Swintons have obviously made a mistake adding the extra amount to the next monthly payment, rather then spreading across the remaining months payments.

You have a couple of choices.

1) Speak to Swintons. Get them to correct the error, by refunding your account for the amount in excess of the correct monthly payment and then re-set the remaining payments.

or if Swinton are unhelpful, which is to be expected per their reputation.

2) Ask your bank to return the payment to Swintons, under the Direct Debit Guarantee, reason being amount not authorised. The bank should then restore the balance on your account. Advise Swinton that you have done this and to reschedule payments, sending you a revised credit agreement showing the new payments. When you make this request to the bank cashier, they will try to avoid. If necessary ask to speak to the manager, who will ensure your request is dealt with.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread