Travel Insurance - Rights of Recovery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5044 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help me on an insurance question please?

Briefly the tale is as follows....I was due to go on holiday and bought travel insurance from the travel agent. A week before I travelled I had an accident and was unable to go. So I claimed against my travel insurance. I am also in the midst of a personal injury claim in relation to the accident.

The travel insurance company has now written to me asking for details of the solicitors dealing with my personal injury claim so that they may 'recover their expenses'. I am extremely surprised at this as I don't see what the personal injury claim has to do with them. I wrote to them stating as such and they basically said that they had a right to recover their costs against any third party?

Is this correct? Seems extremely odd to me as surely the contract of insurance is simply between myself and the insurer?

Thanks

This is perfectly normal. Your Travel Insurance policy does give the Insurers the right of recovery.

You have nothing to worry about, as it does not affect you in any way.

If you block your Travel Insurers, they could turn around and say to you, that if you prevent them exercising their contractural right to attempt to make a recovery, they won't pay out for your claim. If they have already paid out, they could ask for their money back.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Presumeably your accident was the fault of someone and as such, this has caused you to be unable to travel. As a result, you have made a claim on your travel insurance and the insurers have now suffered a loss due to the accident.

All they are doing are looking to recover their loss due to the negligence of the third party.

Perfectly normal as long as your solicitors agree to include their outlay in your schedule of loss.