Car insurance dragging their heels..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In early May I was hit by a negligent driver. My car was written off but he admitted liability and was very forthcoming. No problems with that matter.

But his insurers are taking forever to pay out. I am currently using a hire car supplied by the insurers and I've managed to find another car which I put a deposit down on (thinking this would all be sorted inside a month).

But I've just spoken to the solicitor dealing with this and he says it could take another 3 months for Z~rich to pay up. 3 months!!!!!!

Is there ANYTHING I can do to speed this process up? I'm terrified this brand new hire car is going to be scratched or something, we live on an estate and people aren't very careful. It's parked in a shared carpark. I've been told I'm liable for any damage no matter how minimal.

Plus it's tiny and I can't fit my pushchair in the boot.

Edited by deathbycrayons
Deleted a detail..

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol:

It is in the interest of the 3rd party Insurers to get on with it and agree a settlement with you. They are incurring the hire car costs.

In this situation, I would get on the phone to Zurich and ask them what is going on. The more you hassle them, the quicker they will deal with it.

The problem with claims departments during the summer, is that they have people out on holiday and sick e.g world cup fever, so less staff to deal with a high workload. Therefore basically, unless you are demanding of them, they won't see your claims against them as a priority.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

They won't speak to me - my insurance company have a company who have a company who have a solicitor dealing with my case and no matter what number I ring, I get through to him.. and he just keeps saying that Z'rich are the slowest insurers and he said that nothing he does will speed it up. It seems ridiculous..

The solicitors dealing with the claim are called 'Galv1ns' (notice I'm not putting full names as don't want this thread being searched by them) and they are incompitant idiots!! The bloke I spoke to lied, telling me he'd e-mailed and phoned the other party's insurance co 11 times. I rang them and spoke to someone nice today who said she wasn't supposed to disclose information to me but she did tell me that nobody from galvns had been in touch with anyone there, and that they were awaiting a medical report for myself because someone from my insurers had told them there was a 5 grand peronal injury claim going through!! ..and that that was the reason why it was taking so long!!

I told her that was wrong but she said there was nothing that she could do, she would have to wait for galvins to contact her to sort it out. \so I phoned my insurance company, Av1va, and they said that they couldn't deal with it as it was now in the hand of wise call. So I phoned them and of course got straight through to galv'ns.

The guy at galvs was awful, kept saying okey dokey but not doing anything, so I said 'look can you just ring the other party's insurers 'zur1ch' and he said he'd put me on hold. He thought he'd put me on hold but he didn't, all I could hear was the world cup on TV, and then he came back saying he'd tried but there was no reply. What a load of bulls1t!!

I phoned my brokers and complained - hopefully this will sort it. But this galv1ns lot - who ARE THEY? Are the 'real' solicitors?

Can't really add anything. You are doing the right thing by asking your brokers for assistance.

Some of the accident claim solicitors can just be a pain in the ar**. They can drag on a claim for many months while they are trying to negotiate their cut of the claim i.e their costs for the 3rd party Insurers to pay.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Your solicitors should have, in their initial client care letter which you should have received, outline their complaints procedure. Make a complaint against the fee earner dealing with your claim detailing the points made above. The partner in charge will then have to write to you confirming what action they will take etc. If you are not satisfied with their response then you can then complain to the legal complaints service.

I would also ask to see details of all attendance notes, letters sent as well with details from their case management system confirming the date of production.

If they have intimated to the defendants that you have suffered from injuries whereas you haven't and have not confirmed this to your solicitors or insurers then they are misrepresenting you.