accident insurance help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

in october 09 i was working for a agency as a driver when i had a small accident(nobody hurt just bent metal no police involed] i filled in a accident form and gave it to the company.shortley after this they got rid of me.

i have now recived a letter from the insurance company wanting me to go to a meeting with them to give a full statement.they say they are attempting to deny liability for me however the other side are pursuing the matter.

they say the other side could subpoenae me to appear in court as a witness and they want to avoid this.

i think the insurance company dont want to pay out and want more infomation from me so they can fight it better.now as the company got rid of me i dont really see why i should help them as its not going to do me any good.

my mate says i should send the insurance company a consultancey invoice for my time.

what are peoples thoughts about this whole thing?

Go for it, it may be hard to charge "consultancy", but nothing wrong with asking for your inconvenience as you no longer work for the insured. They need you on their side, you could turn around and say it was all your fault.

You could get ordered to court, this is not very likely.