• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Is there anything I can do? Please help me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am so sorry if this is the wrong section but I joined today as Im at my wits end, My Husband and I took a secured loan out with Black Horse 18 months ago this was done very quickly, so much so I was dazzed at the speed, the sum was for £20,000 over period of 10yrs, but out of the we got £11,000 as we had to clear the exsisting loan which was not secured, in all I have had 9 Loans from Black Horse over a period of time. This one for £20,000 we were okay with for a few months, but I suffered a collasped lung and lost my work, We tried to keep up payments but was unable to do so, I wrote to Black Horse Several times to ask for a reduction on monthly payments as income was very low, they refused, there was no mention of PPI, My Husband then became seriously ill in October Last Year, I was still trying to get a response from Black Horse about a reduction but was pasted from one person to another, In January Black Horse contacted me and offered me another Loan to clear this one completely, I refused and informed them that I had lost my work and my Husband had suspected Cancer, I was then told I had PPI and to contact them but doubt they would make any payments as they will not back date them, so I was getting deeper in debt, My last results was to sell our Home, I told them I shall pay this Loan as I have to sell our home to do soas I have had no help from them at all, We did make some payments but not many and our Balance was £17,000,Also in the paper work it states before a quarter has lasped to pay £17,000. We had to let our home go at rock bottom price and I know in the area where I live you would be lucky to get a 1 bedroom flat for the price we let our home a 3 bed house for 26yrs go for, The Black Horse has charged us £28,435 with the knowledge that we could not sell the house till they were paid, out of the sale of our home we were left with £83, Yes £83, I have asked the Black Horse what the £28,435 was for excatley, as we owed £17,000 and with Interest £20,000, which I felt Okay we will pay this, But they wanted £28,435, all I got from them when I caledl was being past from one person to another, and the reason they have charged us the extra £8,000 is Interest on the Interest, I am very baffled as to how a Bank can charge £4,000 per year Interest? Am I able to get any of this money back at all? I could not claim when I lost my job as I did not know we were covered as everything was done so fast, Also when I was told we could claim on my Husband as Full cover was put on this Loan, I was also told they would not back date that either, and that resulted in the only option we had left open to us the sale of our home, I am heart broken over this and also we do not even have enough to place a deposit on a rental accomendation, we are staying at a friends at the moment and my disabled son at his Brothers. Please forgive me if you have trouble understanding this, but any help would be so welcomed, I have applied for the refund of PPI, its the £8,000 extra they have taken I am so concerned about.

Thank You for reading this ,

Bluegal x

Edited by bluegal

You have been though a really rough time but hopefully things will look up going forward.

You probably need to start by reclaiming your PPI which might explain your high settlement as well. There is a form on FOS website which you complete and send to Black Horse. You have grounds for a misselling claim as you weren't aware that you had PPI. Have you had PPI on your past unsecured loans, if so apply for that as well.

Have you asked Black Horse for a detailed statement to show how they arrived at the settlement figure? might be worth making an appointment at your local Citizen's Advice bureau for some assistance with this. If you are not happy with the resposne from Balck Horse then send a complaint to the FOS.

Hopefully someone will come along soon and give you more useful advice!

Good luck!!

Thank You for your Advice, Yes I have just found out all the Loans we had with Black Horse all had PPI on them and every one was settled early, after approx a year each one even the 7yr one was cleared 12mths later, We have had 9 Loans in total from them,I am reg Disabled due to the collasped lung I suffered, I am so heart broken as my Husband has worked hard for our home and all we got was £83 from the sale to get Black Horse off our backs, as they threatened to reprocessed even though they knew the situation, and did nothing to support us all they did was refuse a cut in the monthly payments, refused to send me a payment book so i could make some sort of payment, and never informed me about the PPI till this january, so I have had the Loan for 18mths,I can not get an trueful answer about the extra £8,435 they have taken only that it is Interest on Interest on late payment. To me it seems they have charged us £8,435 Interest for 18mths, I am angry and heart broken with them as they could of informed me of the PPI knowing the situation when i became ill when I contacted them about my not being able to work etc, but instead they informed me 18mths later, They just completely refused any suggestion i made in connection with a form of payment and not once mentioned PPI till this January. I feel I was forced by them to sell my home of many years if i had not, they would of taken it from me, I am so devistated/heart broken and my poor husband and son need me to be strong but at the moment im trying but not being very successful, I just need some help, even if i can salvage something would be a bonus,

Bluegal x

Edited by bluegal

Thank You for your Advice, Yes I have just found out all the Loans we had with Black Horse all had PPI on them and every one was settled early, after approx a year each one even the 7yr one was cleared 12mths later, We have had 9 Loans in total from them,I am reg Disabled due to the collasped lung I suffered, I am so heart broken as my Husband has worked hard for our home and all we got was £83 from the sale to get Black Horse off our backs, as they threatened to reprocessed even though they knew the situation, and did nothing to support us all they did was refuse a cut in the monthly payments, refused to send me a payment book so i could make some sort of payment, and never informed me about the PPI till this january, so I have had the Loan for 18mths,I can not get an trueful answer about the extra £8,435 they have taken only that it is Interest on Interest on late payment. To me it seems they have charged us £8,435 Interest for 18mths, I am angry and heart broken with them as they could of informed me of the PPI knowing the situation when i became ill when I contacted them about my not being able to work etc, but instead they informed me 18mths later, They just completely refused any suggestion i made in connection with a form of payment and not once mentioned PPI till this January. I feel I was forced by them to sell my home of many years if i had not, they would of taken it from me, I am so devistated/heart broken and my poor husband and son need me to be strong but at the moment im trying but not being very successful, I just need some help, even if i can salvage something would be a bonus,

Bluegal x

Write to them claiming the PPI on the loans was mis-sold and give them 8 weeks to supply a satisfactory response. If they fail to respond or try and fob you off bang in a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) the link to their complaint procedure is here.

They will investigate, charge £500 for the investigation to the company you are complaining against and eventually come up with a result. They have been upholding 90% of complaints in favour of the consumer.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...complaints.htm

good luck ;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.