Car Insurance withdrawn and wrong date issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I recently took out a month by month insurance policy with ecar

they have sent me this email

• Incorrect Date of Birth disclosed for second - the correct Date of Birth is 10/05/1959. ( The date I put was 1962)

We have now recalculated your policy based on the correct information; this has generated an additional premium up until renewal of £35 inclusive of our administration fees as advised in our Terms of Business.

You are now required to log onto your policy and make payment of this additional premium by completing the Mid Term Adjustment on screen, before the 23/06/2010 at 12:00. Failure to complete this adjustment and make full payment will result in your policy being cancelled on 23/06/2010 at 12:00. Your future monthly payments will automatically be revised to reflect the corrected information.

Question: Surely 3 years older than stated cant make £35 difference?especially since I stated that the second driver had been resident in uk 50 years.

They also said:

Please Note: If the full additional premium stated above is not fully paid before the 23/06/2010 at 12:00 your cover will be cancelled.

If your Insurance is cancelled you will be required to inform future insurers that you have had insurance cover withdrawn. This may mean that you will be refused cover, or have to pay a higher premium.

Would this make any difference to any future premiums as they have effectively pro rated my insurance cover period to match the revised rate

I have a good chance of selling the car before the 23rd in which case I wont need insurance. My new car is under the motability scheme will the insurance be affected. I assume the named second driver wont be affected as its not their policy.