home insurance claim nightmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

whilst doing some decorating in our living room my partners laptop was damaged this was during the month of march 2010

we contacted our household insurance company (shelias wheels) our claim was then past onto a fraud company TCF who are investergating our claim

at first we had weeks of phone calls asking the same questions over and over again basicly interogating my partner then they said they needed to speak to me becuse i was present when the accident happen so i then when through the same interegation process

then they said they needed proof of purchase the owners manual photos of the damage etc that we promptly supplied then then told us they would be contacting us again within the next 2 weeks to arrange for someone to come and inspect the laptop to quote for repair etc after 3 weeks of waiting we contacted TCF they then told us we have to get a quote ourselfs !

so basicly we had been waiting for 3 weeks for nothing !!

so off we went to our nearest computer repair shop and got a quote saying the the damage was consitant with impact damage and that it would be impossible to repair we sent this off promptly to TCF

we then phone to ask to speak to the person who was dealing with our claim but they said another person was dealing with our claim now so we spoke to them and she assured us that our claim would be dealt with promptly

but since them we have heard nothing from them we have left loads of messages but they never bother to contact us back

we got intouch with tcf and now they say that the person dealing with our claim has LEFT THE COMPANY and put us back in touch with the original person who delt with our claim but everytime we try to get intouch with her we get an answerphone message and she never returns our calls !!

it is now june and we are no more forward with our claim than when we started we have done everything asked of us promptly and honestly

we have also tryd to ring shelias wheels but they just keep saying that they cant do anything untill they recive a report from TCF !

this is slowly turning into a nightmare we have never claimed on our house insurnace for anything before infact ever and if this is what it is like i dont think we will ever bother again it just a complete nightmare

help!!

You need to make a formal complaint to Sheilas Wheels using their claims complaints process. In this situation where you are let down by companies acting on behalf of Insurers, always go back to the Insurers.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

thank you uncle bulgaria

we will ring them first thing in the mornning

and also should we inform them that we are concidering contacting the OMBOARDSMAN ? or anything like that or should we just put in a formal complaint and leave it at that ?

once again many thanks

Typically shambolic claims handling by Esure (Sheila's Wheels). They should have been chasing this TCF crowd for a report long before now. When speaking to them make sure you ask to be provided with written details of their formal complaints procedure. The Financial Services Authority set extremely strict deadlines for insurance complaints, and they must comply. Advise them that you are far from satisfied with their claims handling service, or TCF, and insist that settlement deadlines be set. Also, it's always worth telling them that you feel your policy excess should be waived as compensation for the delay and stress that this has caused!

Ito.