Insurance company wrote car off after 10 months of repairing can I claim interest.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I was fully comprehensive and damaged the car in a single vehicle accident. My insurance company attempted to repair the vehicle on no less than 4 times eventually terminating the repair on day 306 of the claim and paid out the pre-accident total loss value of £19000. I was selling the vehicle prior to the accident to alleviate some financial pressure I was in. I am claiming compensation for the undue delay through the county court for the stress and aggravation. Can I also claim interest on the 19K as I had this debt covered on a credit card which cost me around £2000.

Thanks

You will struggle to get the full amount of interest. Suggest you try by asking for interest calculated on 8% which is the amount the FOS use. The Insurers will argue that they should not pay the high interest on the credit card,as you should have minimised the interest payable, by looking after your finances better.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread