Parking Ticket in Newham

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I was visiting a friend of mine today in Newham. I came to his house in the morning and he gave me a visitor parking pass/voucher. We duely filled in all teh details as always, it was 10:45 when I got in. I had teh parking issue in the back ofmy mind and had even set an alarm for 16:45, when the voucher would expire (I wasn't meant to stay at friends for that long, but just in case i did I wanted be sure). I went out at 16:57, only to see that THE SLYMY folks had my car under observation from 16:47-16:52 and issued the ticket at that time. As you would expect I was aghast!

Luckily (at least I hope luckily) I came back and looked at all teh law and code and stuff. They have said mine is PCN code 12, which is a "high level contravention" and issued me a £100 fine. I looked and it fits more appropriately with the code 05, which is a low level contravention and deserves a fine of £60. Now I will definitely appeal but I was wondering if this detail can invalid the ticket completely. Any help is appreciated. Oh and btw, the description of the code also doesn't mention that i had a voucher displayed which had expired.... it just says that parked without anything...

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

H