Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder hussain8116 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    May 2010

Default Parking Ticket in Newham

Hi there,

I was visiting a friend of mine today in Newham. I came to his house in the morning and he gave me a visitor parking pass/voucher. We duely filled in all teh details as always, it was 10:45 when I got in. I had teh parking issue in the back ofmy mind and had even set an alarm for 16:45, when the voucher would expire (I wasn't meant to stay at friends for that long, but just in case i did I wanted be sure). I went out at 16:57, only to see that THE SLYMY folks had my car under observation from 16:47-16:52 and issued the ticket at that time. As you would expect I was aghast!

Luckily (at least I hope luckily) I came back and looked at all teh law and code and stuff. They have said mine is pcnicon code 12, which is a "high level contravention" and issued me a 100 fine. I looked and it fits more appropriately with the code 05, which is a low level contravention and deserves a fine of 60. Now I will definitely appeal but I was wondering if this detail can invalid the ticket completely. Any help is appreciated. Oh and btw, the description of the code also doesn't mention that i had a voucher displayed which had expired.... it just says that parked without anything...

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    H

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative

Cagger since
    Apr 2008

Default Re: Parking Ticket in Newham

yes, if they used the wrong contravention then "the contravention did not occur"

Basic Account Holder hussain8116 Novitiate

Cagger since
    May 2010

great! thanks for the reply lamma, it has given me some confidence in the appeal, the ticket had ruined the otherwise brilliant start to the weekend (even though it was raining!)

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative

Cagger since
    Apr 2006

Contravention should have been:
    19 Parked in a residents' or shared use parking place or zone displaying an invalid permit, an invalid voucher or an invalid pay & display ticket

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE