Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder Yet_Another_Atos_Victim Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    May 2010

Default New Petition started "Sack Atos Immediately" on gopetition

Hi,

I've started a new petition at Sack Atos Healthcare Immediately Petition

The details are as follows:

Category: Justice
    Region: United Kingdom
    Target: David Cameron M.P. Nick Clegg M.P.

Background (Preamble):
    Atos Healthcare has the 80million-per-year contract for 7 years to act for Department of Work & Pensions (DWP) to 'assess' sick people claiming Employment Support Allowance (ESA). They have been working to the previous government's target of pushing 1 million claimants onto Jobseekers' Allowance, and there are some well-documented abuses of vulnerable individuals such as refusing to allow note-taking or tape-recording of the assessment, failing to report truthfully where the claimant has demonstrated incapacity, inadequate facilities for those who are ill during an assessment, a computer system which gives garbled versions of examinations to DWP and various other abuses.

Petition:
    "We, the undersigned, call upon Mr Cameron and Mr Clegg to terminate Atos Healthcare's contract with immediate effect, to pay the enhanced rate to all claimants whose claim is over 13 weeks old and to pay basic rate ESA to all other claimants.

We call for a return to family doctors as the primary source of information as to whether an individual is too sick to work, not a profit-driven plc.

We further call for a new approach to the sick by government whereby such vulnerable people cease to be treated as 'scroungers' particularly when many of these individuals as taxpayers have paid into the NHS, in some cases for many years

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Like-Im-Being-Ripped-Off Novitiate Like-Im-Being-Ripped-Off Novitiate Like-Im-Being-Ripped-Off's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jul 2009

Default Re: New Petition started "Sack Atos Immediately" on gopetition

Quote Originally Posted by Yet_Another_Atos_Victim View Post
    Hi,

I've started a new petition at http://www.gopetition.com/online/3696.html

Background (Preamble):
    Atos Healthcare has the 80million-per-year contract for 7 years to act for Department of Work & Pensions (DWP) to 'assess' sick people claiming Employment Support Allowance (ESA). They have been working to the previous government's target of pushing 1 million claimants onto Jobseekers' Allowance, and there are some well-documented abuses of vulnerable individuals such as refusing to allow note-taking or tape-recording of the assessment, failing to report truthfully where the claimant has demonstrated incapacity, inadequate facilities for those who are ill during an assessment, a computer system which gives garbled versions of examinations to DWP and various other abuses.

Petition:
    "We, the undersigned, call upon Mr Cameron and Mr Clegg to terminate Atos Healthcare's contract with immediate effect, to pay the enhanced rate to all claimants whose claim is over 13 weeks old and to pay basic rate ESA to all other claimants.

We call for a return to family doctors as the primary source of information as to whether an individual is too sick to work, not a profit-driven plc.

We further call for a new approach to the sick by government whereby such vulnerable people cease to be treated as 'scroungers' particularly when many of these individuals as taxpayers have paid into the NHS, in some cases for many years
    Here Here THE WHOLE ESA SOULD BE GONE ASWELL.

Hi Victim

your petition link seems to come up with

Save the Dogs Worldwide!

Libro

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder loan_ranger Informative loan_ranger Informative loan_ranger Informative loan_ranger Informative loan_ranger's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jan 2008
    I am in
    Farnborough, S.E. England

Hi,

Background (Preamble):
    Atos Healthcare has the 80million-per-year contract for 7 years to act for Department of Work & Pensions (DWP) to 'assess' sick people claiming Employment Support Allowance (ESA).
    Sorry to be a party pooper but the fact is that the 7 year contract (Signed in 2005 FYI) is for 500million and the annual amount can fluctuate, also FYI ATOS have the option on extending the contract a further 5 years.
    They have been working to the previous government's target of pushing 1 million claimants onto Jobseekers' Allowance, and there are some well-documented abuses of vulnerable individuals such as refusing to allow note-taking or tape-recording of the assessment, failing to report truthfully where the claimant has demonstrated incapacity, inadequate facilities for those who are ill during an assessment, a computer system which gives garbled versions of examinations to DWP and various other abuses.

Petition:

Agreed that ATOS should be sackedicon but they'll only get replaced by another firm who might be even worse while ESA and the Welfare Reform Act 2007 remain in place.

P.S. Libro's right about the doggies link!

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - see this post by Joa, great advice and links!
    I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Like-Im-Being-Ripped-Off Novitiate Like-Im-Being-Ripped-Off Novitiate Like-Im-Being-Ripped-Off's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jul 2009

Quote Originally Posted by loan_ranger View Post
    Sorry to be a party pooper but the fact is that the 7 year contract (Signed in 2005 FYI) is for 500million and the annual amount can fluctuate, also FYI ATOS have the option on extending the contract a further 5 years.Agreed that ATOS should be sackedicon but they'll only get replaced by another firm who might be even worse while ESA and the Welfare Reform Act 2007 remain in place.

P.S. Libro's right about the doggies link!

Hi Loan and victim

I found the right link to victims petition...

Sack Atos Healthcare Immediately Petition

Libro

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK's Avatar

Cagger since
    Oct 2009
    I am in
    a world of my own ...

Yep, I've helped save the dogs ...
    Best wishes
    Rae

[EDIT: Thanks Libro, first signatureicon on the petition... ]

Cagger since
    Jul 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Kelcou View Post
    Yep, I've helped save the dogs ...
    Best wishes
    Rae

[EDIT: Thanks Libro, first signatureicon on the petition... ]
    Rae
    im second on the list you beat me rae lol:grin:
    Libro

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Yet_Another_Atos_Victim Novitiate

Cagger since
    May 2010

Red face Re: New Petition started "Sack Atos Immediately" on gopetition

Hi Libro and Kelcou,

Ooops embarrassed - don't know where i got the dogs link from but thanks for correct link and for signing it

Take your point about the extendable contract and the variable rate, libro, but quoted the stats readily available on internet.

John x

Basic Account Holder rightsforme Novitiate

Cagger since
    Oct 2008

signed 4th sig

Basic Account Holder hendo001 Novitiate hendo001's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2010

Congratulations. You have successfully signed the petition:
    Sack Atos Healthcare Immediately.

You are signer #6 [?]

Basic Account Holder JrnyFan4Life Novitiate JrnyFan4Life's Avatar

Cagger since
    Apr 2008
    I am in
    North East England

Signed, I'm #9.

Be good to yourself, when nobody else will
    Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative

Cagger since
    Jan 2007
    I am in
    Where the ball did not cross the line

Signed Number 11.

PF

Basic Account Holder kingkarl1967 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Mar 2009

Hi,

Background (Preamble):

Petition:

This is excellent work mate , I will sign it with immediate effect.
    Come on folks lets get this going and we can give this company what it deserves.

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative

Cagger since
    Jan 2007
    I am in

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    It keeps giving me an invalid link mate

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Jan 2007
    I am in

There you go fixed.

Cagger since
    Mar 2009

Unhappy Re: New Petition started "Sack Atos Immediately" on gopetition

Come on folks , where is all the support

15 signatures

Basic Account Holder Werner M Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jan 2008
    I am in
    essex

16-16-16 !!!!

Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Jan 2007
    I am in

The Link to this thread needs pasting around the internet

PF

Cagger since
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    The Link to this thread needs pasting around the internet

PF
    How do we do that mate , what sites , lets get to it as most do not know about the petition like you say unless they come on here.
    Wonder if we could contact any tabliods and tv as well

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    45002 Highly informative 45002 Highly informative 45002 Highly informative 45002 Highly informative 45002 Highly informative 45002 Highly informative 45002's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Hyperspace

Is it me but every time i click I keep getting redirected to

save the Dogs Worldwide! petition

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE