style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi To All

My OH found a cheaper quote on the net for the renewal of her car insurance she currently has with Tesco, when she asked them if they could do ' better ' they said no blah blah, it was pointed out to her that she only had 4 yrs ncb, but she has 8 yrs.

Tesco said we ade a claim 4 yr ago, we replied no we didnt we acctually made a call to report the damage to our car, we did not make a claim as we paid for the damage ourselves as not to loose the ncb.

Now my question I want to put to Tesco is,,have you charged us previously for insurance under the impression we made a claim? and if so at what cost to us?

How do I ask for an explanation to this matter.

Cheers

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

When you joined Tesco what NCD did you have ?

Following the claim, at the first renewal what did Tesco do with the NCD? Did they reduce by 2 years ? For Tesco to say you only have 4 years now, you would have had 3 years NCD when you joined them, lost 2 years at 1st renewal, so only 1 years NCD would have been shown on 1st renewal notice. You have since been claim free for 3 years, hence 4 years NCD showing. Is this what is showing on the current renewal notice ?

What you need to do is get on the phone and make a complaint. Ask for the complaint to be passed to customer relations/complaints department. Most companies will have a separate team of people that handle complaints and they will come back to you with proper information. If they have made a mistake the will correct it as appropriate.

In regard to a claim, if Tesco did not pay anything out, then they were wrong to reduce the NCD. They should have reinstated the NCD, when the claim record was closed off.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

what was the claim for? and were you the only vehicle? as long as no other TP (be it vehicle or property TP) has claimed off your insurance & long as Tesco has not paid out anything to anyone the claim should have been closed as you did not take it any further and NCD not amended.

Tesco offer a max of 65% = 5 yrs or more claim free.