Esure - Insurance Claim Furniture Repair

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone out there can give me some advice.

Recently some clown decided to throw a house brick through my patio window, this sent shards of glass all over a brand new reclaimed oak extendable dining table, this caused abrasions in the wood. Esure informed us that they would sent a furniture repairer out. He took the top of the table which was in 4 parts.

The furniture repairer brought the dining table back after having it for 3 weeks and the table top now looks worse than when it went. During the sanding process the restorer seems to have opened up imperfections in the wood plus the table has come back a different colour, i.e. the restorer didn’t varnish the table to match what it was previously.

We have complained to Esure about this but their attitude is completely disgusting. The say that we have to prove what it was like before. They are taking the word of the furniture restorer over ours? The furniture restorer has offered to stain the wood to the colour it was before but will do nothing about the imperfections, he will charge Esure for this though (it surprised me they will pay for this because surely he should have done that in the first place.

I am not happy with the restore that has been done, what are my options.

Thanks.

If you are not happy with the information given by the company get your own estimate to make good the damage, and for him to compile a report on the table.

It would also be helpful if you had any photos where the table was in the background....

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

We have no pictures since it was only a few weeks old when it was damaged and didn't think to take any pictures before it went away for repair; I didn't expect it to come back worse!