Quinn Car Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have a bit of a problem with Quinn Insurance. Last year I took out a Insurance policy for myself and 3 of my daughters (all provisional) and was quoted at about £36 pm, this was fine. In October I informed them of a change of address and the premium shot up to £96 pm. I enquired why and they said that I had moved into a high risk area.

Well I checked various web sites and the risk factor was the same as the old address and also I now had off road secure parking. I even got a quote online for £33 pm, £3 less and guess who it was with, yes Quinn. I challenged Quinn and they said they could not offer that to me, but if I cancel the current policy and take the new one online that would be ok. So thats what I done.

I now have recieved a demand from Quinn via Regal Credit for £159.25 for cancellation of old policy.

Any tips please on how to deal with this.

Dave

Can you confirm

i If your cover was continuous?

ii. If when you transferred your cover you were advised there would be a cancellation charge?

iii. If you have spoken / written to Quinn about Regal Credit's letter? If so, what was the reply?

If the answer is yes/no/no, then my first stop would be ringing / writing to Quinn advising of the problem.

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

I am replying as announcerman at the moment. If memory serves, I was abroad and there was a approx 1 month gap between policies. No mention of cancellation charges in phone call. As also no mention of charges when amendments made to policy. I have not replied to either Quinn or Regal's letter, only recieved it this morning. They did not transfer cover, i had to take out new cover via internet.

OK.

I think this is made a bit more difficult by the fact there has not been continuous cover. However, the thing on your side is that you have not been told that any cancellation charges will apply.

You need to ask for a transcript of the conversation. Put in a DPA request. At the same time ask them for a breakdown of the £159.25, and write to Regal advising you do not recognise the debt, and you are liaising with Quinn.

Once you have the transcript, and it confirms you were not told of the cancellation charges, write to Quinn formally complaining about the cancellation charges applied to the policy.

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

are you aware quinn is in adminisration PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.