style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused:Hi all

Back in january, my husband was held at gun point in our home and we were robbed, the next day i reported it t to Barclays Insurance, who put the claim in the hands of Crawford & company loss adjusters, since then the loss adjuster came out (2 weeks later) and its now 19 weeks since this claim was made. Every time i phone crawford up, i keep getting fobbed off saying they waiting for police report, or they waiting to speak to police, now they say they waiting to talk to insrance company, they just wont give me any clear answers. Does anyone know how long a claim should take to be handled???????????

It should only take a couple of months, so appears the claim has become stuck in the system somewhere.

Suggest that you raise a formal complaint with Barclays claims department. Phone them up and ask to speak to someone to register a complaint about your claim. They have 2 days to come back to acknowledge what they will be doing to resolve your complaint and confirm this in writing to you. After 8 weeks, if Barclays do not resolve, you can go to the FOS and could be liable due some compensation.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Have the police/CPS brought criminal proceedings against the person that robbed you? If so, and the proceedings are ongoing then the police report will not be available until after the trial concludes. This means it may be rather difficult for your insurers to ascertain the circumstances of the incident and make a decision on payment.

TBH this does not sound like the average run of the mill theft claim, so it will take longer. Police Authorities are notoriously slow at releasing information to Insurance Companies / Adjusters.

Have they confirmed at this moment whether they will indemnify you for this claim (it means pay out)

If not I would put pressure on them by complaining as posts below, but also to speed the claim up I would ask them if they have priced the claim up yet - i.e. have they asked you for a full list of items stolen, receipts or any other proof of purchase yet?

It will be infuriating if they advise you will be covered, then start all over again with the replacement.

If they haven't asked for the list / proof of ownership I would start collating this information now, and to forward copies to them.

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!