anyone recommend pet insurance, Having probs with Healthy Pets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ive been with Healthy pets with my dog since he was very young for about 4 years now, just got my renewal i was paying just over £5 a month now its gone up to £15 a month, ive never claimed on this insurance and when i phoned they wouldnt budge on the price, they have also changed the excess to £75 +25% of the claim so if it was a big claim this could be quite a lot i would have to pay towards it which defeats why i want pet insurance really. I had a few other quotes and they are a couple of pounds cheaper so pet insurance must have gone up but i want to pick someone who are good at paying out if they need to and one where you dont have to pay part of the claim with the excess.

Anyone recommend some good places to try? thanks :)

Or petplan they have paid out over £5000 for my border collie recently no questions asked.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I'd stick the money either in a Jam Jar, or buy Gold, or invest the Premiums.

These people are able to afford the expensive advertising because they are making a lot of money out of peoples' fear...like all Insurance.

Of course the worst will happen to some people's pets, but not to the majority, otherwise the Pet Insurance Companies would not be in business.

Just sit down and work out how much you want to pay, and pop it into a Spreadsheet, and see how it could grow if you are amongst the majority who will have no problems at all.

My advice is always to think twice about any Insurance.

Cheers,

BRW

Point taken BRW. Claire, if that hasn't changed your mind, do any of the pet charities have links with insurers? I'm thinking of people like Dogs Trust RSPCA, maybe the Kennel Club if it's a pedigree dog?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 2 months later...
ive been with Healthy pets with my dog since he was very young for about 4 years now, just got my renewal i was paying just over £5 a month now its gone up to £15 a month, ive never claimed on this insurance and when i phoned they wouldnt budge on the price, they have also changed the excess to £75 +25% of the claim so if it was a big claim this could be quite a lot i would have to pay towards it which defeats why i want pet insurance really. I had a few other quotes and they are a couple of pounds cheaper so pet insurance must have gone up but i want to pick someone who are good at paying out if they need to and one where you dont have to pay part of the claim with the excess.

Anyone recommend some good places to try? thanks :)

Healthy pets as far as I am concered are still the best for pet insurance. They are underwritten by axa now anyways. Healthy Pet Insurance from just £4.58/mth - Pet Insurance Underwriting

My premium has remained low for years now..

Technology does not drive change -- it enables change

These people are able to afford the expensive advertising because they are making a lot of money out of peoples' fear...like all Insurance.

Of course the worst will happen to some people's pets, but not to the majority, otherwise the Pet Insurance Companies would not be in business.

Just sit down and work out how much you want to pay, and pop it into a Spreadsheet, and see how it could grow if you are amongst the majority who will have no problems at all.

Cheers,

BRW

Unless of course your pet happens to need an operation that costs £5,000 which you can't afford, and then you have to have it put down. Guess it depends on if you want to risk your pet's life on feeling lucky...

You don't buy insurance to get rich, you buy it because the worst happening to you is unthinkable. So you gamble in reverse. Whereas I'd agree that like any product you should think carefully about purchasing it, don't refuse to buy it on the principle that you will be losing money. Sure if you have the cash spare (in say a savings account earning interest) to cover the worst that might happen then you don't need insurance. But not all of us have that kind of money stashed away.

Cheers,

BRW

I wish we had had insurance at the start of the year when we nearly lost our Border collie, it cost us £650 in emergency vet bills, but we were lucky in a way that we got the monies back from our vet as there was negligence involved (long story and its in one of the pets & vets threads!!)

I have insured them both( we have another pooch as well) now thru Tesco's for £15.00 a month for, fingers crossed we havent had to claim.