Kwik Fit Insurance Renewel 100,s more

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

im praying someone can help as i feel backed into a corner , my car insurance renewel went through automatically (i didnt recieve the letters even though the insurance company say they did)

the first i noticed was they tried taking £76 for my insurance its normally £42 a month which i had in there cos i knew it was due ,. well i did not have the £76 so the bank have charged me £35 for a start ,

i rang the insurance company and i asked them that why have i been charged £76 a month and she replied "all insurancies have gone up" so i was livid i told her "i have not had any claims in the last year and i have 4 years no claims bonus yet instead of thanking me you deciede to charge me 100,s more pounds a year more"

to cut it short they offered me a new valuation for £56 a month (still £11 more a month) when i asked to cancel it as i have had a quote that would only cost me £36 a month they said there is a cancellation charge £211 !!

what can i do ?

any help gladly appreciated

When was your renewal date?

When was the first payment of the new policy taken from your bank?

When did you first contact Kwik Fit to discuss/complain about the new premium?

Mossy

If you didn't receive any letters about your insurance renewing then you have a good chance of getting the insurance cancelled from inception and all money returned to you. Providing details of the alternative insurance that you arranged in place of the renewal you were not expecting would demonstrate that you were not expecting the existing insurance to renew (and also satisfy Kwik Fit that they will not be liable for a claim).

However they are right about insurances all going up - motor insurance increased by an average of around 20% last year.

It seems to be happening a lot just lately that insurance companies are automatically renewing policies from their own side.

Tell them to get stuffed.

Im assuming that your original contract was for the standard 12 months? Well once that has expired they have no right to assume that you wish to renew.

These days they come out with the mantra that they will renew if YOU dont cancel.

Utter bollox, dont be dragged into this crap.

A 12 month contract is simply that, 12 months. After that, you have to enter into some type of proven dialogue with them that you DO want to renew with them.

Ive had a couple of firms try it on with me - but when I told them where to go, they went.

Bloody parasites.