Compare The Market.com Be Warned

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Two Monts Ago I Had To Get New Car Insurance.

My Old One Had Run Out As The Car Was Idle As I Was Unable To Drive It Due To My Knee.

I Gave Compare The Market A Go And Was Happy With The Quote

Friday I Get A Call at Work Asking If I Had Made A Will And Would Be Interested In Making One.

Well The Picked On The Wrong Person With Me (thanks Cag)

Straight To There Data Protection Dept And They Got My Details From A Market Reserch Company. They Got My Details From

compare The Market.com

Now Besides Compare Selling My Details On

the Only Details I Gave That Includes My Work Number Was On Admiral Car Insurance

Does This Mean Personal Info You Are Putting In For A Quote At An Insurance Web Site, Remember, That Includes Accidents And Convictions

Can Compare The Market Can Read That Application

its The Only Way They Would Get My Work Phone Number To Sell On To This Market Reserch Company

If you transact your Insurance arrangment via a comparison site they share a lot of the data between them. If you went with Admiral via CTM.com, it would not surprise me if Admiral had shared your work telephone number with CTM.com.

If you check the Data Pro information on the comparison sites and the Insurers sites, there is some wording which will legally enable them to do this. Whether the ICO would have anything to say, I doubt it. They take over a year to look into complaints.

I no longer put my correct telephone number on comparison sites. Even if I click on the mail opt out, I can guarantee on an increase in junk mail, which I just bin.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The MSE website warns you about this and advises that you tick the box to prevent unsolicited calls, but this tick box is difficult to spot if doing it Online. I had exactly the same issue and immediately contacted them and cr_pped all over them. Details were removed and never sued that site when I went to insured another vehicle.

Your post has the correct heading!

who is best for writing out a cpr for a thread i am on at moment one is needed this week for to ask the judge to order the otherside to reveal all their data ..? anyone help it is rather urgent...thanks guys..how are you post..

patrickq1

help on this thread with cpr

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgages-secured-loans/230253-mortgage-express-appoint-lpa-25.html